old "r4 team"stepping up

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ninjaapple, Mar 27, 2012.

1. ninjaapple
    OP

ninjaapple Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2010
    Chad
    Some of you may know of the infamous "R4" site that releases flashcarts and within six months stops updating and releasing new ones. I am not sure if that's about to change but they have added a forum and seems to be updating all R4i flashcarts to run on latest 3ds and DSi firmware. They actually seem to be making an effort to satisfy customers and not rob them. The kernels themselves are no longer updated but i must say i have the R4i SDHC RTS(kernel no longer updated) and it has not had any problems in running an game i've tried so far.

They also have ds roms themselves on the forum and have tutorials of making custom firmwares for certain carts.

If i may make an opinion i must say i believe this "R4" team is the old M3 team as their flashcarts are clones of the M3 and able to run M3-intended firmware like Wood R4 for M3 and others.

2. Zerosuit connor

Zerosuit connor Baby I'm Back ♥

Sep 17, 2010
    Eorzea
    Wasn't the M3Simply a Clone of the Original R4?

3. Ultralex

Ultralex GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2009
    Gambia, The
    So you linked to a forum from where you can get roms? good that you read the rules.

6 people like this.
  4. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    I've removed the forum link for now, as it doesn't seem accessible for the main site anyway without knowing it before-hand.

EDIT: Nope, the forum was also linked from the main site. Removed that too.

5. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    You've been on this forum for two years and you still don't know the rules?

6. Janthran

Janthran Solarian

Sep 17, 2011
    United States
    The Pacific Northwet
    Why don't you just lock this whole thread? It doesn't seem like there's any useful discussionbait or anything.

7. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    The guy didnt mean anything wrong, he was just trying to inform us about this....

2 people like this.
  8. CollosalPokemon

CollosalPokemon ばん。。。かい

Oct 18, 2009
    United States
    He did it all wrong even so, tbh
    He posted links knowing they contained roms and talked about abandoned firmwares...
    Not really helpful or informative, since there are so many other cart options.

I don't think it can blend here.

1 person likes this.
  9. Nokeo

Nokeo Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2011
    United States
    Too bad the RTS Lite gives the save file is corrupted for some games. Not liking it.

10. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    nope, the R4 was a clone of the m3 simply

11. YamiHoshi.nl

YamiHoshi.nl I'm MKGirlism.

May 23, 2011
    Tokyo
    No, R4 = M3.
    It was done by the same company.

12. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    IIRC the original R4 and the M3 Simply was the same card. back then M3 team was a well known team with their slot 2 solutions. They where working on a slot 1 card but R4 team had one done while the m3 teams card still need more time. the r4 team was new and made a deal with m3 team to use rebranded R4s to make more sells for the name. Later m3 released their slot one card the M3 real, there was also a G6 Real which i think was a m3 real prototype that used internal storage instead of micro sd card. WAY later after R4 team was shut down M3 team made some new R4 cards during the DSi era. there was like 3 version i think, a basic one and 2 others that added extra features that most cards come with as defaults.

1 person likes this.
  13. YamiHoshi.nl

YamiHoshi.nl I'm MKGirlism.

May 23, 2011
    Tokyo
    Ah, thanks for the explanation!