Hacking Old R4 Card Not Working?

jitsew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi

I haven't played on my ds for yeaaars, but I decided to pick it up again, only to find my r4 not working.
I put the latest available kernel on 2 micro sd cards (one is 1GB, the other 32GB), but each time when I start my ds with the R4 in, I get a screen with a question mark and "MENU".
Did some googling; it should mean that I don't have the correct firmware on my micro sd. Sooo I tried lots of different ones but to no avail.
The one that it supposed to work is written on the R4, right? It's a link to R4I-SDHC.
I've got an "R4 Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)" and on the bottom right of the "R4" it says "ge games engine".
Wanted to put imgur links with pictures of it here, but I can't because I'm a new member.
I also tried the Wood kernel, because I vaguely remember that I might have used that in the past.
I also set back the date on my DS just in case.
Pretty lost right now... Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

jitsew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
UPDATE:
Just tried again with my 1GB sd, and it seems that I got it to work!
But I'd still would like to be able to use my 32GB one.
So any help would still be appreciated!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
probably your card isn't SDHC compatible... meaning it will only work with cards up to 2GB
check if ya 32GB card is formated with fat32 and put the same files as you had in your 1gb.,,

but if your card sticker or box doesn't mention SDHC and its one of the really old ones, most likely it just doesn't support sdhc and nothing can be done...

jitsew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
probably your card isn't SDHC compatible... meaning it will only work with cards up to 2GB
check if ya 32GB card is formated with fat32 and put the same files as you had in your 1gb.,,

but if your card sticker or box doesn't mention SDHC and its one of the really old ones, most likely it just doesn't support sdhc and nothing can be done...
Hey thanks for the quick reply!
The 32 GB one is formatted in fat32 and I copied the files from the 1GB, but still no luck.
It should work though, because I'm pretty sure I used an 8GB sd card years ago. And if that worked, then the 32GB one should work as well, per the SDHC specifications.
My memory is probably just a little foggy, so it's possible that I'm wrong.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the quick reply!
The 32 GB one is formatted in fat32 and I copied the files from the 1GB, but still no luck.
It should work though, because I'm pretty sure I used an 8GB sd card years ago. And if that worked, then the 32GB one should work as well, per the SDHC specifications.
My memory is probably just a little foggy, so it's possible that I'm wrong.
Original r4 only supported SD not SDHC aka 2 GB max

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?