Old Forwarder Channels No Longer Work...

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by IlluminiX, Sep 14, 2010.

Sep 14, 2010
  1. IlluminiX
    OP

Member IlluminiX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For some reason my old forwarder channels for SNES, NES, Genesis no longer work anymore - they result in either a Freeze with the Blue Wii light flashing or a Code Dump. I cannot say for sure when this started, but they did work while I was under Wii Menu 4.1 (which I still am on), but I was thinking it was HBC 1.0.8 related, but no one else seems to report the same thing. So I am wondering what can cause this type of thing.

2. qwertymodo

Member qwertymodo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It probably has to do with the IOS used for the forwarder, this can either be the one set in the TMD or, depending on whether or not the forwarder's code reloads to a new IOS, it may be the forwarder itself, so it's really hard to know for sure. However, as I said, it's probably an IOS issue. Are you using anything like CiosCORP/DarkCORP or other IOS patches on your IOSes

3. IlluminiX
    OP

Member IlluminiX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the reply qwertymodo.

It may be an IOS issue for all I know. Nothing has really changed System-wise except the IOS's since I last tried the channels (could be 6 months now as I usually don't use those emulators much). I don't use any CIOSCORP stuff as I have a Wiikey V1, but I do have a few patched IOS's other than the ones that didn't need patching since I have a Launch-day Wii and only have upgraded using Wanin's updaters. And I have CIOS V17 and Tantric's V4. I believe I installed IOS202 with Tantric's as the emulators work when launched from the HBC. And since I've never upgraded beyond Menu 4.1, I still have a full fledged IOS 61 I think. I'll have to check on my IOS's and whatnot when I get home.

Thanks!