Old batch vs New batch Ak2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Kroganwrex, May 11, 2009.

May 11, 2009
  1. Kroganwrex
    OP

Newcomer Kroganwrex Member

United Kingdom
    Hey everyone, ok so a month ago I ordered an Ak2i for my shiny dsi and everyone was and still is perfect! Ok so last week I ordered another Ak2i for my bros dsi. I noticed some differences between the 2 flashcarts and would love for someone to explain why it is that they are different and how it affects anything. So i took some pictures on my dsi to show you guys the difference and I would really appreciate it if someone could explain what the difference is.

Ooh and also, the Older one came in a pretty white box, with the dsi compatible sticker, the newer one came in an even smaller pretty white box and also with a sticker - just incase I thought I would say that.

Click on the pictures to see them a bit bigger so its easier to see the square bump and such [​IMG].

Ok so this is the one I bought a month ago, im going to call it an "Oldy". As you can see, the contacts are slightly wonky and there is a clear square bump on the front sticker.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now here is the New(y)? [​IMG] and as you can see there is no bump and the contacts are staight.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can feel the micro sd feels much more secure in the newy as the spring is far stronger. However I have had no problems with either model and just want an explanation! [​IMG]

EDIT: Found another difference, for some reason, on the new one, when i go to properties on a rom, I now have the "AK2 Loader" option under cheat/action replay. That does not come up on the old one. Hmm?
    EDIT: Ok for some reason, NO games will Load on the newy, however If i remove the micro sd and put it in to the oldy, everything works!
    EDIT: Forget the last update, I just forgot to update the loaders, for some reason, the old loader was working fine on my old batch ak2i but on the new ak2i it made it so games wouldnt load, anyways all fixed now! Just need to know difference!

ONE MORE THING! I totally screwed up lol, I set FFIV to auto load but now how do I actually access the card without it auto loading, I had soft-reset disabled beforehand so I dont know wth to do

2. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    The one with the bump is hardware revision #44 while the one without the bump is #81. Just a newer version. Both work the same.

3. Kroganwrex
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ok thanks, but what's "New" about the newer version.

4. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Hardware 81 is, currently. the only Acekard that has the language fix update. And there's no bump at all, but no plastic tabs seperating the gold contacts. I'm sure some AK2is had those tabs. Hmm.

Also, if you're stuck autobooting a game try holding B as it loads. I think it's B anyway... Correct me if I'm wrong.

5. Kroganwrex
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the autoboot stop trick thingy, worked [​IMG]. Ok now, if you look at those pictures i uploaded, there seems to be plastic tabs on both versions, and does anyone know what that bump is on the old version?

6. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    The bump is just a chip that's too big to fit inside the plastic housing.