Homebrew Old 3DS XL on 8.1.0-12U sysNAND: What possibilities are there?

Katanira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title suggests, I have an Old 3DS XL on 8.1.0-12U sysNAND.

I've currently tried browserhax (old 3ds sliderhax), which only gave a yellow bottom screen (with the newest homebrew launcher...not a surprise there that it didn't work), then gave an error (I tried switching to older homebrew launchers (2.0, and 2.1, I believe, but to no avail).

I've tried installing an oot save (oot3Dhax), but the payload wouldn't download (I tried installing oot3Dhax with the older payload using sploit_installer-oot3dhax on my New 3DS XL [in the homebrew launcher]). It was worth a shot.

What steps might I take to get the homebrew launcher working and what homebrew software should I use to upgrade my sysnand to 9.0-9.2, if possible?

Please let me know if I need to provide any additional information.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use rxtools 2.5.2 to inject FBI to sysnand, then launch rxtools Dev Mode (NOT RxTools SysNAND) and use sysupdater by profi200 to update to 9.2

EDIT: For the N3DS, either use browserhax to get menuhax set up or use gateway launcher via OoT to downgrade MSET and install rxtools through MSET ROP to get everything set up (i think you'll need a DS flashcart too if you don't have web browser access on the N3DS)

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

Katanira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Katanira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find setting up rxTools on o3DS to be a bit easier than on a N3DS. I do this a lot for friends of mine who would like to get into the world of 3DS hacking, and I guess i just find o3DS's (3DSs? 3DSes?) to be a bit easier to hack.
Well, with my starting on the N3ds XL first, I guess I'm working backwards. I find N3ds to be easier solely because I've never tried to hack an old3ds, so cheers to the new experience :D (It probably will be much easier on the o3ds).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)