Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A friend asked me to hack his PSP, and I agreed to do it. My only problem is, I thought it was a Phat, but it appears to be a Slim, and I don't know what type of motherboard it has. I do know that it's not a TA082.

Now my question is, is there any way I can check what type of motherboard it has WITHOUT opening it up? Or is there any noob-proof way of hacking it (without a Pandora battery)? I've done a bit of research and I found this and this

I read that if I do the wrong hack, the PSP will be bricked. Does this mean that data on the MemoryStick is gone too? I know there's a/multiple way(s) to unbrick your PSP, but I don't want to lose the data on the MemoryStick.

Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ChickHEN runs on every PSP, so after you've enabled your PSP to homebrew, use this to see what rev. the motherboard is.

Nope, if the PSP gets bricked the MS will stay fine.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ummmm from what I read, you can upgrade his firmware to 5.03 and run ChickHEN. Use PSPident 0.4 to identify the motherboard and if it comes out as a TA88v3 ur kinda screwed.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try google and type psp hack.. you will see it. They helped me wtih my first psp 1001 and works great! T hey are very friendly and not mean like: You are newbies.. search yourself!!! Or blah blah like you see many forum does. They are very friendly and dont mind to help out. Great people!

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, he's not, after running ChickHEN, then PSP Ident 0.4 as mentioned above, if it's not a TA-88v3, run Hellcat's flasher. If it is a TA-88Vv3, run ChickHEN and CFWE. Make sure your PSP's official firmware is 5.03.

You can always back up your memory stick on your PC. If you have a non TA-88v3 and have the firmware above 5.03, the only way to hack it is through Pandora or the MOH expilot.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well since it's on the latest firmware you'll need a Pandora battery and Magic Memory stick. If it's not hackable then you simply won't get to the install menu.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xist said:
Well since it's on the latest firmware you'll need a Pandora battery and Magic Memory stick. If it's not hackable then you simply won't get to the install menu.
Crap, now I'll have to give him back that PSP and tell him he needs a Pandora battery...
cry.gif

Anyways thanks for the info guys.

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found 12 pandora batteries on DX and none of them were sold out, apparently they were restocked. If you buy a PSP 1000 pandora, note that you won't be able to close the cover on the battery unless you buy a special cover. Not like that really matters but it's good to know. PSP phat batteries are bigger than slim and lite batteries. Here's the link if you still want it.

Pandora Battery

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol