Okay, help out a noob PSP hacker please

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Overlord Nadrian, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Overlord Nadrian
    OP

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    A friend asked me to hack his PSP, and I agreed to do it. My only problem is, I thought it was a Phat, but it appears to be a Slim, and I don't know what type of motherboard it has. I do know that it's not a TA082.

Now my question is, is there any way I can check what type of motherboard it has WITHOUT opening it up? Or is there any noob-proof way of hacking it (without a Pandora battery)? I've done a bit of research and I found this and this

I read that if I do the wrong hack, the PSP will be bricked. Does this mean that data on the MemoryStick is gone too? I know there's a/multiple way(s) to unbrick your PSP, but I don't want to lose the data on the MemoryStick.

Thanks in advance. [​IMG]

2. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    ChickHEN runs on every PSP, so after you've enabled your PSP to homebrew, use this to see what rev. the motherboard is.

Nope, if the PSP gets bricked the MS will stay fine.

3. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    ummmm from what I read, you can upgrade his firmware to 5.03 and run ChickHEN. Use PSPident 0.4 to identify the motherboard and if it comes out as a TA88v3 ur kinda screwed.

4. roboz

Member roboz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you brick the psp none of the data on your memory stick will be lost. The only thing that will be lost are your psp settings.

5. Overlord Nadrian
    OP

Belgium
    Thanks guys, I'll try it!

6. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Try google and type psp hack.. you will see it. They helped me wtih my first psp 1001 and works great! T hey are very friendly and not mean like: You are newbies.. search yourself!!! Or blah blah like you see many forum does. They are very friendly and dont mind to help out. Great people!

7. Spartan117H3

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No, he's not, after running ChickHEN, then PSP Ident 0.4 as mentioned above, if it's not a TA-88v3, run Hellcat's flasher. If it is a TA-88Vv3, run ChickHEN and CFWE. Make sure your PSP's official firmware is 5.03.

You can always back up your memory stick on your PC. If you have a non TA-88v3 and have the firmware above 5.03, the only way to hack it is through Pandora or the MOH expilot.

8. Overlord Nadrian
    OP

Belgium
    Wait, the PSP is firmware 5.51, and I don't know what type the motherboard is of course, so what do I have to do now?

9. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Well since it's on the latest firmware you'll need a Pandora battery and Magic Memory stick. If it's not hackable then you simply won't get to the install menu.

10. Overlord Nadrian
    OP

Belgium
    Crap, now I'll have to give him back that PSP and tell him he needs a Pandora battery... [​IMG]

Anyways thanks for the info guys.

11. Ryukouki

United States
    well...pandora isn't THAT expensive. Its only 14.95 at Pandora Battery Buys, and its hella worth it.

12. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    $6-$7 at DX

13. Ryukouki

United States
    dx was out of stock, they emailed me and told me to order some toher thng. >

14. Spartan117H3

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I found 12 pandora batteries on DX and none of them were sold out, apparently they were restocked. If you buy a PSP 1000 pandora, note that you won't be able to close the cover on the battery unless you buy a special cover. Not like that really matters but it's good to know. PSP phat batteries are bigger than slim and lite batteries. Here's the link if you still want it.

Pandora Battery