Hacking ok softmod help

camochase

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am an extreme noob when it comes to the vita scene. Ive googled so i dont get flared. I know you need an exploit to install a cfw. I also think Tn-v sounds like the best cfw. Also there isnt an exploit for 2.11 but i have a vita that is on 1.69 ofw. That was in used items for a long time. So is there anything special i can do with this older firmware, or do i have to wait with everyone else? thanks for your time

mushra

Asgard
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You get the games from PSN and Sony patches them when found, so you need to wait.
what? no! don`t post if you don`t fully know what you`re talking about D : that`s just mean.

Here`s what you do. First you NEED a PS3 and a PC with OpenCMA. Plug in your vita into your PC and it will do that small firmware update check. It will then be ready to exchange files to/from your PC. After that unplug the USB from your PC and plug it into your PS3. Your PS3 should connect to your vita and should be able to exchange files without redoing a firmware update check. From there, you just put the exploit game from the PS3 to your Vita. Done.

Tricky parts: TN-V is out for some exploited games not all. I use Urbanix(sp?) and Gravity Crush. But they are both higher firmware then 1.69 so you need to manually update it to a specific firmware using something called charley proxie which I have not used so I can not comment on if that trick still works. Google that one D :

Please note that when Sony pulls a game from PSN and puts it back in that they are NOT updating the game`s code. That would involve talking to the developers and such. As such they pull the games out and make a patch within the Vita`s firmware thus blocking the exploit save file from working correctly and put the game back in PSN after they put a force update live.

PS if you don`t got a PS3 or PC with OpenCMA you`re screwed D :

mushra

Asgard
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So Sony doesn't put them back until after the firmware update is pushed, effectively stopping people with the exploitable firmware from grabbing it after?
Basicly they only push the force update to make the people who got the exploitable game choose to be on the same page with everyone or be left behind and not the good update whenever they make one. Recently they made some folder update. I`ve yet to see this in action b/c both my vita and wife`s vita are still on the same 1.81ish or so. I like my psp games on the nice screen Q_Q…

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not to be a party pooper, but you're missing out on a lot. System performance has really increased since the console was released, especially the browser, not to mention all the PSPlus goodies. I used to have a PSP Mode exploit on mine but oooh, it's long gone. As much as I like to play PSP games on that big screen, I prefere PSVita games on it better. ;)

I strongly recommend that people just "get a PSP" instead which costs next to nothing these days and use that instead of missing out on tons of content and having to suffer through early firmware issues, of which there are plenty... but hey, that's just my opinion.

Reactions: Rydian

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
mushra is right on the nose. As long as you have access to a PS3 and a PC, then you can get your Vita up to the latest exploitable firmware, and then exploit the PS3/Vita connection to purchase and load an exploitable game. Just keep in mind that you're going to effectively be stuck at that firmware for some time; new exploits, particularly kernel exploits, aren't expected anytime soon.

So Sony doesn't put them back until after the firmware update is pushed, effectively stopping people with the exploitable firmware from grabbing it after?
That's the idea; Vitas can't access the PSN store with older firmware, which keeps them from buying exploitable games directly.

Which is why we exploit the Vita/PS3 connection to get around it. Sony doesn't stop the PS3 from transferring games to Vitas, even if they're running older firmwares.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ anything new in gaming?