OK need help please. fixed one problem have another

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by midnightmaraude, Dec 22, 2010.

1. midnightmaraude
    OP

Newcomer midnightmaraude Member

United States
    I recently posted a question about installing IOS. Def Jam Rapstar was not recognizing the microphone. I read that an update of ios249 would fix that problem. I did the update ...followed the procedure using ios250 to install the updated 249. Well it worked. The microphones now working.

However.... now my other games are not working properly. U Sing 2 skips like it's buffering. The Wii Party game when I hit the spinning disc gives an initial error of sd:/code suppo1 (I couldn't get hte rest in time) well then it goes to black screen and nothing else happens.

Before I had no issue with any gmaes except this def jam game. ANyone have any suggestions as to what I should do? I'm supposed to bring the wii to our office xmas party to play tomorrow night.

Help much appreciated.

Do I need to choose a different IOS to play the game on through settings or something?

2. midnightmaraude
    OP

United States
    please guys. THis is my gf's kids wii to boot. What do I do to correct this?

And...sometimes the usbgxloader will just go black once I hit start.
    But if I wait long enough it will boot up. IS there a new usb gx loader I should or sojmething for that?

I tried the other games. They most ly work. But Wii Party isn't working still. At this point i'm really at a loss of what is what.

3. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I only use Configurable USB Loader. Why not try it.

Sounds like the IOS 249 you used has farked other games.

Load your old IOS (if you know what it was) into 250.

Then configure your loader to default to 250, and configure DefJam ONLY to use 249.

4. midnightmaraude
    OP

United States
    damn. I have no idea what the old 249 was. how do i get old ios'

5. midnightmaraude
    OP

United States
    I can get wii party to load with cfg loader...but it's in black and white. I tried force pal and ntsc...ntsc gives me a black screen.

I dunno guys. I'm pretty stuck. Some games work. Some don't. I have no idea how to get back to how things were. I have no idea how to even install the old ios to 250. I assume it's by downloading it through NUS?
    It also seems since I've updated my ios249 that usbloadergx loads a bit slower than before.

Any trouble shooting ideas?

6. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You cant now =).

Just load up a new V20 base 56 into slot 250.

Or install the new one to 249, and install your DefJam working IOS into 250.

USB loaders generally 'default' to 249.

ModMii will allow you to download the requires custom IOS if you need to get it/them again.

7. midnightmaraude
    OP

United States
    C.S.I. Thank you for helping I truly appreciate it.

I don't understand load up a new v20 base 56 into slot 250? YOu mean go to dopmii and update the 250 to the newest version listed?

Or somehow copy the ios in 249 to 250 then use dopmii to update 249 to the newest IOS and then tell def jam to use ios50?

8. brausm08

Member brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    just use modmii and download the cIOSXv20b installer...the installer will ask what base/slot combination you want to install....

9. midnightmaraude
    OP

United States

i did that. its on ios249. it's giving my other games issues. They worked better with the old 249 but I need the new 249 for def jam.

10. brausm08

United States
    so you ask how to do this, then install the cIOS to 249???? the cIOSXv20b installer will do exactly what you asked here....choose your base, choose your slot....easy....install to 250, leave 249 alone....

from Modmii, get the installer...

the source of your game loading problems is not the cIOS version....USB-GX is the problem.... i use Wiiflow on cIOS rev20 with zero problems on all games (see my sig for my complete configuration)...anything Wiiflow can do, CFG can do as well....others, maybe not so much...GX has issues with rev20...it's development has been abandoned for the most part...you should abandon it as well.....

11. midnightmaraude
    OP

United States
    Ok ok. I already have cios installer. So are u saying install the custom ios on 250 and use dopmii it whatever iiiii program it us and update 249 to the newest? I'm really sorry guys. I'm trying. Could someone lay out steps?

It's too late to leave 249 alone. So how do I correct things and have Def jam rapstars play off of ios250?

12. midnightmaraude
    OP

United States
    I use usbgx loader.

13. brausm08

United States
    you can't use GX and rev20 together...they don't play well together....

if you use my configuration in my sig, you will have no problems. i'm pretty sure you can get the cIOS wads (all 5 of them) using modmii (thread link in my sig) and install with MMM or YAWMM or any other Wad Manager....or you can get the Hermesv5.1 installer and the cIOSXrev20 installer and do it yourself.... you do not need DOP-Mii here....

then get Wiiflow 2.1 and use that (theme it with Carbonix, it's just as cool as anything GX has)....the drawback is you'll have to redownload all your covers (which wiiflow can do itself if your wii is interent connected)

there's really no 'wrong' cIOS base/slot combinations...but it is helpful to know what you got where and why you have it there....my what/why are all explained in my sig.

launching a loader on base [56] can cause wiimote response/tracking issues or the stuttering problems you discuss in your original post...that is why i use base [57].

if you insist on using GX, this may work, it may not: get either the cIOSv17 wad or installer and install v17@249.....(the v17 installer will overwrite 249 and 250).....then get Hermes v5 installer and install a base [37] to slots 223 or 224. make sure you're on GX r914 or better and load your DefJam using your base [37] cIOS (@222 or 223, wherever you installed it too)......it avoids cIOSX rev20 which allows GX to work, and at the same time, gives cIOS[37] to games that need it (so long as you select to run those games using it in GX's settings)

14. midnightmaraude
    OP

United States
    So which option in modmii do I select?

15. midnightmaraude
    OP

United States
    Or can I just use wiiflow and not mess with my ios

16. midnightmaraude
    OP

United States
    ok. I used your jmethod with modmii. Followed it all. No errors that I can see and I'm using wiiflow. HOWEVER, I am still having issues with wiiparty. I can get it to boot up but it's black and white. If I go and choose auto patch it loads to a blank screen. I'm not sure what other settings I should try. You?

Karaoke Glee... also comes up a blank screen.

Def Jam Rapstar the game that got me tinkering with the wii again anyway...is now also black and white and the screens flash in and out.

This procedure I did erased the ios249 thingy I did and stuff right?

17. midnightmaraude
    OP

United States
    guys i'm close.

I put v20b on 250. I now get the mic working on def jam but its still black and white and flickering [57] whatever that is as well.

I put v19 onto 249.

Any ideas on how to fix the black and white. I know it's a pal ntsc thing. Well I think..but what settings?

18. brausm08

United States
    do all NTSC games work okay....?

i guess i wasn't realizing your issues were PAL games on an NTSC system....why not 'obtain' NTSC games?

i have never tried PAL games before... for B/W, i've read that changing game settings in wiiflow to 'patch auto' will give them color.... for flickering, it's a big ?

if you install v17@249, see if you can get the b/w and flickering corrected by using GX (GX should load on 249 by default and not have issues if v17 is there) ....if you're back to square one with that (all games work, but DefJam has the microphone issues), see if launching that game in GX with 223 (assuming you have base 37 there) fixes that?

19. midnightmaraude
    OP

United States
    Well. I don't know why its working but Def jam is working along with the Mic on ios249 version 19. I dunno. but I think I'm gonna stop messing with it. I can't get Wii party working still on any if the ios options available. oh and the black n white issue? well I went back to usbloader gX. the autopatch and video patch has never failed me yet.

20. neotank19

Member neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Some PAL games have no NTSC code like the wii release of pikmin 2, so you cannot force ntsc. simply "find" a ntsc version of wii party and that will solve your problem.