Gaming Ok, it's LONG OVERDUE..

Graffix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else think that it's time for a new Double Dragon game for the DS? Seriously, I went and ordered a slot-2 card JUST so I can play Double Dragon Advance on my DS, in my opinion, a Nintendo system needs TWO games (minus the Marios, Metroids and Zeldas) for it to feel like a true Nintendo system and that is Contra and Double Dragon. We got Contra (thank god) but seriously, where the hell is our DD? I think it's about time we got a badass updated Double Dragon game. Can you imagine the animations they can pull off with the DS?

Luckily though, Super Double Dragon works pretty well with SnemulDS, so I've been playing the hell out of that lately, and when my slot2 card arrives I will be playing the hell out of DD-A. But honestly, we need a DS version. If there's one type of genre the DS lacks it's definitely beat-em-ups. And I'm not talking 1-on-1 fighting games, I'm talking honest-to-goodness 2d-side-scrolling-beat-em-ups. Alright, I'm done with my latenight/(very)early morning rant.

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
IMO That one of those genres that has aged into a fat old bald guy. It doesn't offer enough gameplay to keep you busy. Sure I play Final Fight 3 on SneMulds, but it bores after a bit, and I see how it's nolonger on par with the popular genres.

To play it multiplayer could be fun though, for at least a while.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I can easily live without another Double Dragon game, I never liked them apart from the one with Battletoads in.

Capcom should bring back some of their other scrolling fighters though and they should also be given any super hero license for more as they did some really awesome fighters back then, unlike Activision and EA who have ruined super hero videogame series.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked Double Dragon in the C64 days. Now, it's just too simple to be anything more than a nostalgic memory.

If it came in a compilation of various other great games of the era, that would be cool.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I was going to say we need another shooter by Treasure but then I realised Bangai-O Spirits is coming soon.
I'm content in waiting until then.

TaintedWisdom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surely there's someone who likes Double Dragon here?

Sorry, but is not looking good so far...
wtf.gif

I'm not looking forward to it.

-TW

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love the original DD on the arcade machine. Excellent colour palette, awesome music (I have these in mp3 and listen to them on occasion!), you can elbow!, the joysticks are sticky and you can 'accidentally' nudge your team mate which is especially useful when fighting for the girl at the very end. BLUE rules.

I have never liked it on consoles, and I HATE the gba version with those awful stages/cut scenes (and them taking out the easy elbow). It brings it down to Final Fight's level.

If contra can make a nostalgic comeback I don't see why other side scrollers can't, the ninja gaiden games may be included with dragon sword? I'm actually playing Ninja Cop quite a bit, lately.

dcgrimes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double Dragon, Final Fight, Bad Dudes, Streets of Rage.

I'd welcome any game that might leave the player not so surprised if one of the characters were to utter the line "Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

tech673

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed Double Dragon on the NES and would play a new game on the DS. I enjoyed those side scrolling type games quite a bit when I was growing up. They could bring the genre back with 3d environments and such.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...