Ok, it's LONG OVERDUE..

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Graffix, Jan 19, 2008.

Jan 19, 2008

Ok, it's LONG OVERDUE.. by Graffix at 8:09 AM (2,092 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Graffix
    OP

Newcomer Graffix Member

United States
    Anyone else think that it's time for a new Double Dragon game for the DS? Seriously, I went and ordered a slot-2 card JUST so I can play Double Dragon Advance on my DS, in my opinion, a Nintendo system needs TWO games (minus the Marios, Metroids and Zeldas) for it to feel like a true Nintendo system and that is Contra and Double Dragon. We got Contra (thank god) but seriously, where the hell is our DD? I think it's about time we got a badass updated Double Dragon game. Can you imagine the animations they can pull off with the DS?

Luckily though, Super Double Dragon works pretty well with SnemulDS, so I've been playing the hell out of that lately, and when my slot2 card arrives I will be playing the hell out of DD-A. But honestly, we need a DS version. If there's one type of genre the DS lacks it's definitely beat-em-ups. And I'm not talking 1-on-1 fighting games, I'm talking honest-to-goodness 2d-side-scrolling-beat-em-ups. Alright, I'm done with my latenight/(very)early morning rant.

2. fateastray

Member fateastray GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    IMO That one of those genres that has aged into a fat old bald guy. It doesn't offer enough gameplay to keep you busy. Sure I play Final Fight 3 on SneMulds, but it bores after a bit, and I see how it's nolonger on par with the popular genres.

To play it multiplayer could be fun though, for at least a while.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    No I can easily live without another Double Dragon game, I never liked them apart from the one with Battletoads in.

Capcom should bring back some of their other scrolling fighters though and they should also be given any super hero license for more as they did some really awesome fighters back then, unlike Activision and EA who have ruined super hero videogame series.

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I liked Double Dragon in the C64 days. Now, it's just too simple to be anything more than a nostalgic memory.

If it came in a compilation of various other great games of the era, that would be cool.

5. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    I was going to say we need another shooter by Treasure but then I realised Bangai-O Spirits is coming soon.
    I'm content in waiting until then.

6. Graffix
    OP

Newcomer Graffix Member

United States
    Surely there's someone who likes Double Dragon here?

7. TaintedWisdom

Newcomer TaintedWisdom Member

United States
    Sorry, but is not looking good so far... [​IMG]
    I'm not looking forward to it.

-TW

8. Porkdish

Member Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I love the original DD on the arcade machine. Excellent colour palette, awesome music (I have these in mp3 and listen to them on occasion!), you can elbow!, the joysticks are sticky and you can 'accidentally' nudge your team mate which is especially useful when fighting for the girl at the very end. BLUE rules.

I have never liked it on consoles, and I HATE the gba version with those awful stages/cut scenes (and them taking out the easy elbow). It brings it down to Final Fight's level.

If contra can make a nostalgic comeback I don't see why other side scrollers can't, the ninja gaiden games may be included with dragon sword? I'm actually playing Ninja Cop quite a bit, lately.

9. dcgrimes

Newcomer dcgrimes Newbie

United States
    Double Dragon, Final Fight, Bad Dudes, Streets of Rage.

I'd welcome any game that might leave the player not so surprised if one of the characters were to utter the line "Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

10. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    Or "Are you bad dude enough to save the girl?"

11. tech673

Newcomer tech673 Member

United States
    I enjoyed Double Dragon on the NES and would play a new game on the DS. I enjoyed those side scrolling type games quite a bit when I was growing up. They could bring the genre back with 3d environments and such.