[Oh no] rxTools won't launch from MSET anymore..

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by NoNAND, Feb 15, 2016.

1. NoNAND
    OP

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    Pikachu City
    Hi.. im so tired with this thing!! I just wanted to update to latest nightly and i copy and replaced the files and the rxtools folder. When i wanted to boot it i got the message failed to load patch 4. Confused and put the rxtools folder and files from the begining and now it says rxtools booting but still nothing! Tried the bundled rxinstaller tried many versions still nothing.
    Here watch the video for more info. And please help me...

2. WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? PASTA's dirty animal

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    Nightlies are never considered stable. If you have a problem with a nightlies build, report them over at the GitHub repo https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/issues and use an older, more stable build instead.

Depending on what build you are using, go to the rxTools settings and the commit number should be shown next to "Git", in the header. Use that string when reporting your problem.

Best of luck.

The9thBit likes this.
  3. CheeseCake

CheeseCake GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2014
    United States
    On the Kitchen Table Obviously
    I used to get MSET kill all the time before I installed homemenuhax since I still play my old DS stuff.

Well only thing you had to do was run the MSET URL in Web Browser again, no need to do anything else.
    Idk what you did but newest RXTools uses different instructions and different file locations (Read samiam's thread again on that section about RXTools specifically, ignore everything else as you have Emunand setup already)

4. SirByte

SirByte GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Canada
    How hard would it be to get an RxTools MSET loader that uses the Gateway MSET exploit? Any idea why this wasn't done, just "hating on GW" or is there a valid technical reason (other than picking a different init address or something that just could have remained the same)?

5. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    It will be as hard as installing menuhax and stop using mset.
    If there are working alternatives the work becomes harder, that is, the work of convincing someone to invest time on something that already has another solution.

6. NoNAND
    OP

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    Pikachu City
    I fixed it guys. I am loading rxtools in an other way. Just got 3.0 apha and am loading the rxtools.dat through mset.
    Anyone knows a way how to install fbi into h&s in unlinked sysnand please?

7. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    In Rxtools, use the Dpad, go to advanced settings, and then you will see a "Install FBI", it will ask you for a specific number (example: v0, v1052 or something, and v20xx), go to the FBI folder, copy the files from the number it said on the root of your SD, install FBI again, profit.

NoNAND likes this.
  8. NoNAND
    OP

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    Pikachu City
    I tried that many times but it just doesnt seem to work on 4.5 sysnand

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Do not use the rxtools alpha, it's very old, buggy, missing features and not meant for use. At least use the new beta from a few days ago.

10. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Get rxtools 3.0 beta 2 from the github. Much more stable than alpha 3.0.

NoNAND likes this.
  11. NoNAND
    OP

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    Pikachu City
    Tried it when i try to load the code .bin from the browser i get an failed to load string 1 when i try to load it from ds profile the 3ds just freezes. Im on 4.5.0 whats wrong??

12. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    you need these files in the root of your sd card; slot0x11key.bin, key_0x1B.bin, key_0x16.bin. Youll also need the firmware file from the iso site of the 3ds in the rxtools firm folder.

NoNAND likes this.
  13. NoNAND
    OP

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    Pikachu City
    Ah got it! Thanks! Already have firmware.bin

14. NoNAND
    OP

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    Pikachu City
    I just upgraded the rxtools files to beta 2 but lol why when booting on system nand it says Shit 4.5.0 and why i cant boot emunand. I get a black screen when i try to..