oh no - R4i Gold

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ftw_uk, Jun 18, 2011.

Jun 18, 2011

oh no - R4i Gold by ftw_uk at 1:14 PM (2,239 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. ftw_uk
    OP

Newcomer ftw_uk Member

United States
    Hi

Members help would be much appreciated - sometimes when there is too much information to read it all gets far too confusing, so your help would be very much appreciated...

I purchased R4i Ultra carts for my grandchildren and thanks to the help from members here they are all working fine. So my brother decided to do the same for his grandchildren and asked me to do it for him.

He purchased R4i Gold cards from Zero Shipping Zone after seeing positive reviews on this site. I was a bit stressed when I saw it was R3i Gold as i had noticed posts about problems with that cart.

Anyway instead of using AKAIO 1.8.6a which I used on the ultra carts i downloaded and used Wood R4 V1.31 I also downloaded RDS20_Patch_R4iGold_non3ds

But nothing happens when I try to use the carts once it tries to load DORASU it just gets stuck on the loading screen.

I have tried this on DSlite and DSi - when it didn't work with the Gold I tried it with the R4i Ultra Cart and a different micro SD memory and it just stuck on the same screen.

Where am I going wrong?

2. EnigmaBlade

Member EnigmaBlade GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Have you tried formatting the sd card with the panasonic formatter?

3. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    Usually when Loading is stuck on the screen it means that the kernel files have not been transferred onto the SDHC card successfully.

The easiest way to fix this is format your SDHC card with panasonic SD card formatter, Download and unpack the latest kernel form the website on the front of your card on your PC hard drive and then drag first the folders and then the files onto your SDHC card.

4. ftw_uk
    OP

Newcomer ftw_uk Member

United States
    Hi

Yes I used the SD formatter and the windows format tool and it didn't do anything different with either of them [​IMG]

I formatted with SD Formatter - are the files I identified in my original post the ones I should be using?

5. ftw_uk
    OP

Newcomer ftw_uk Member

United States
    I formatted with SD Formatter - are the files I identified in my original post the ones I should be using?

So I thought I would give this a go.... [​IMG]

Downloaded Wood_R4-v1.31 - copied that onto the formatted 4gig memory card

Downloaded 3DS20-Patch_R4iGold_3DS put that on the memory card - put the memory card into the R4i Ultra cart put it i a ds lite - the DORASU option comes up - hit that and i get a black Loading screen.

Then I put the 4 gig memory card in the R4i 3DS gold cart - put that in the same ds lite console and the 'Meet the Robinsons' option comes up. When I press that I again get the black loading screen.

I formatted with windows and then formatted with SDFormatter and I copied over the folder before I copied over the files.

I tried something else.... [​IMG]

I'm getting the software updates from ***r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html and I'm really confused.com

Downloaded Wood_R4-v1.31 - copied that onto the formatted 4gig memory card

Downloaded R4i Gold Kernal download and over wrote the Wood files when it asked

Loaded the memory card into the R4i 3DS Gold cart put it in the DS lite - Icon..... Meet the Robinsons

Hit that got Loading (black screen) - then just black screen [​IMG]

I think I've come to the end of the line now - don't know what else to try so I'll just have to wait and see if any of you techeads can kindly sort it our for me [​IMG]

6. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    EDIT: Oops misread your post.

What DS are you using it on. Format and redownload is also a good thing.
    Also is it the R4i Gold from r4ids.com?

7. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    I'm not sure what you're doing there. From my perspective, you only seem to have put the compressed files in. [​IMG]

you're supposed to download this and extract it's contents. You should copy the folder named __rpg, _DS_MENU.DAT, and WOODR4.NDS into the root of your micro sd card. After that, eject your micro sd card and plug it into the r4i Gold cart.

hope this helps. [​IMG]

8. ftw_uk
    OP

Newcomer ftw_uk Member

United States
    Hi folks [​IMG] thanks for the help

The carts are from Zero Shipping Zone, people on this forum gave them good feedback.

I should have explained better I did decompress the zip file and put in the individual files on the memory card. The folder/files were.....

-rpg (folder) ds_menu.dat changelog.txt

There was no WOODR4.NDS

9. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Then, you should download from the link I supplied, here.

The one above should have WOODR4.NDS, which is needed in order to make it work. Also, you don't need any of the text files in; they're all just some information about the update, etc..

10. ftw_uk
    OP

Newcomer ftw_uk Member

United States
    @s4mid4re I didn't see the underline under this [​IMG]

but your comment about WOODR4.NDS gave me a clue and I downloaded an earlier version and the file was in that download. I put that one on the memory card and everything worked fine. I will upgrade to 1.31 from that link you gave me though so thank you very, very much.

If feels so frustrating when I come to impass, so I'm extremely grateful for your help [​IMG]

11. Woodhouse

Newcomer Woodhouse Advanced Member

United Kingdom