Hacking Feedback OG Xbox help

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what motherboard version do you have why is r7d3 connected ??
why solder on the bottom of the board ? u only need to connect the jtag to the point above tha cap wich you did
chek the soldering if there is a connection , no need to connect anything at the bottom of the motherboard
r7r3 need to be bridge ,after that just reconnect the original hdd en disc drive put in the autoinstaller i should work
flash the tsop with a 256k bios
I see he has a sharp in pic above. Sharp is 1MB flash and not 256kb

Step 1. identify your motherboard revision
Step 2. identify your tsop chip type
Step 3. bridge tsop point(s) usually 1 or 2 only
Step 4. now you can flash any bios and upgrade to 16tb if wanted

thank you both for your answers
its a 1.1 with sharp and i didnt even come to the point of flashing after i soldered both connections and jumper wire the xbox wouldnt output any video signal and disc drive made a weird clicking noise

i followed the how to on https://consolemods.org/wiki/Xbox:TSOP_Flashing

r7d3 was bridged on top and bottom since that what the how to told me + the jumper cable was needed only for sharp models
here are the pictures i followed after:
10top.jpg

and
10under.jpg

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
tried it with only r7r3 but again no video signal

Follow this step by step and you should be good.

Once soldered up load hexen 2017 disc like video and flash per steps. This should ge tyou into a dash where you can flash any bios.

Theres also a tsop flasher save file with built in xblast os - This eliminate soft mod and can go straight to tsop if wanted. This is like the softmod save file but instead of loading unleashx it loads xblast so you can flash anything.

https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/forum/3-tsop-flashing/

Last edited by Donnie-Burger,
Reactions: rantex92

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Follow this step by step and you should be good.

Once soldered up load hexen 2017 disc like video and flash per steps. This should ge tyou into a dash where you can flash any bios.

Theres also a tsop flasher save file with built in xblast os - This eliminate soft mod and can go straight to tsop if wanted. This is like the softmod save file but instead of loading unleashx it loads xblast so you can flash anything.

https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/forum/3-tsop-flashing/

so i tried it like the video says with only the jumper cable but again no video signal and weird disc drive clicking
after desoldering the jumper cable i get video signal again and no clicking sound

yesterday evening a friend came by with more knowledge about xbox modding and he tried it with a flashcd and a bios cd
to do the bios flashing blind but my xbox wouldnt read the discs

i think i will sell this xbox and get me another one wich is already hardmodded

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
does the dvd drive work !!
yes the drive worked when nothing was soldered

my guess its a refurbished one with old faults still showing sometimes that would explain why there was already new thermal paste (that was more like bubblegum than thermalpaste) and something written in black marker

anyway i sold it and bought another one already modded one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.