Hacking OFW 4.31 Backups.

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got a Playstation 3 which has 4.31 OFW. Is there a way to hack it without having to buy a Jailbreak or whatever its called?

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can buy a flasher to get CFW. A flasher costs 90 and you have to of a had a PS3 with 3.56 firmware at one point.
A firmware downgrade will do the job as well but you need a usb drive.

Reactions: Rasas

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is. anything beyond 3.56 probably wont be hacked. if you got a slim that came with 3.56 or greater you probably can't even downgrade.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It took so long for the PS3 to get hacked to begin with, and since then Sony jumped at the opportunity to make multiple software and hardware changes to stop any known exploits.
And it's not like other systems like the Wii where things are disconnected and can be singled out for exploits. The PS3 was built with a hypervisor and other such technical things from the start.

There's no actual promise that newer systems will never be hackable, but it's not looking good.

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Now let's be serious! :P
If your PS3 has the date code from October-December 2010 (0D) or any earlier (0C,0B,0A,9D.....6A- Note that these code are from 2010 and earlier not from the new models!) you can downgrade to 3.55 and then can install 4.31 CFW! (Yes 4.31 CFW is now released for those who don't know!)
There are some cases where they could downgrade the January-March 2011 (1A) ones too and if your lucky you can downgrade too if yours had 3.55 out of the box because there were some that had 3.56 so if your one of them your screwed.
If you have a Phat model or 2000 series up to late 2010 you can downgrade but if you have a 2000 series after January 2011 (excluding those exceptions that I mentioned before), a 3000 series or 4000 series you can't downgrade! Hackers said that at this time it wont happen because the security is to high, they said that maybe when the PS4 (or whatever will be the new PS called) is released there could be a chance to hack the new slim models, but until then there is no chance!

So if you have anything after early 2011 don't even bother asking, because you can't downgrade at this moment!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission