Question Ofmw 4.10 is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by GeraltOfRivia, Sep 13, 2018.

1. GeraltOfRivia
    OP

GeraltOfRivia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2018
    Italy
    Hi everyone, I wanted to ask you if , with the upcoming atmosphere release,is there a big difference between the two? (4.1 & 5.1) is better to stay on 4.1 or update to 5.1? the ofmw 4.1 will be useful for some exclusive feature like coldboot or similar? I know that they always say "lower is better" but in this specific case is it worth it? Thank you for your time.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Just update without burning fuses using ChoiDujourNX to firmware 5.1 which will give you the ability to downgrade to 4.1 at any time in the future.

ZachyCatGames and Lacius like this.
  3. rctgamer3

rctgamer3 GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    But, I thought updating using ChoiDujourNX required a permanent replacement boot solution, like AutoRCM?

Last edited by rctgamer3, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Most people typically use AutoRCM even when they don't update without burning fuses. And AutoRCM has more benefits than cons if used appropriately. For example, you can keep your console in sleep mode or if you need to turn it off, ensure that you are powering off the console in RCM either with a manual shutdown or Hekate's Power Off option.

5. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Yes, because we want to keep our fuses low so that we can eventually downgrade for coldboot/warmboot.
    If you want a guide.

6. GeraltOfRivia
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2018
    Italy
    Thank you to you all for your consideration and advices. I know choidujourNx,it's a very good tool, I used it to add the EXfat support to my ofmw 4.1 , it was very easy to do, and it worked flawlessly. I was thinking about using choidujourNx to update with unburned fuses but.. autoRCM "scaries" me a lot, many people ran into trouble after enabling this option and I fear to stumble upon some issues.. I red many post about it but there are two factions: total supporters or total haters..

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Read this thread on proper usage of AutoRCM and what it does as well as how you can deal with it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/psa-man...es-not-turn-off-a-switch-with-autorcm.515402/

GeraltOfRivia likes this.
  8. GeraltOfRivia
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2018
    Italy
    Thank you so much Draxzelex, really appreciate. Ok, I will take a closer look at the AUTORCM thread to get deeper into it ;)

Draxzelex likes this.
  9. benson733

benson733 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2011
    Canada
    Canada
    IMO staying on the lowest official firmware possible and then upgrading via ChoidujourNX is the best solution. I have been using autoRCM and have not experienced any real issues. I wouldn't worry about anything bad happening. Just charge your system regularly and keep in sleep or hard power off when not in use. Hope this helps.

GeraltOfRivia likes this.
  10. GeraltOfRivia
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2018
    Italy
    Hi Benson733, thank you so much for your explanation about your experiences with the autoRCM,yes your words are helpful ;)
    Thanks, bye!