Hacking Official Wii backup disc

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn, this beats the time I found a copy of corel photo (about version 2 or 3) in an old drive.

Fake or real?
I have no idea how many repair shops there are for nintendo but assuming one for each country (state/province too?) they operate that is several hundred right there and having been in repair shops you normally have more than one bench with each bench kitted out.
Either way pressed discs will happen ( http://www.shoutfile.com/v/FD2pyEAg/How_its_made_CD_pressing ) and silk screening is part of that.

Even for fairly sensitive stuff places I have been tend prefer the fire and forget approach as opposed to a password and the recent homebrew bit would indicate Nintendo do not care all that much about security. Likewise look at the actual stuff done for a pandora's battery.

Backup versus repair disc. Given my VAIO a couple of years back needed a "recoery" disc to be burnt off I do not think it too much of a stretch.

Screenshot: I have had stuff that runs my consoles through my monitors for years and TV capture cards are not exactly new. It is a good point though but as the original people appear to be at least somewhat clued up as to this sort of thing.....

Leaving discs in the drive? How many surgery stories of people with stuff left behind? Now think that your average repairman probably does it day in day out in a rather boring workshop, perhaps shift work or "helpful" types interfere.

The only minor problem for this sort of thing I can see is it could drive stuff "underground" like happens/happened with xbox homebrew depending on how useful this is.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn, this beats the time I found a copy of corel photo (about version 2 or 3) in an old drive.

Fake or real?
I have no idea how many repair shops there are for nintendo but assuming one for each country (state/province too?) they operate that is several hundred right there and having been in repair shops you normally have more than one bench with each bench kitted out.
Either way pressed discs will happen ( http://www.shoutfile.com/v/FD2pyEAg/How_its_made_CD_pressing ) and silk screening is part of that.

Even for fairly sensitive stuff places I have been tend prefer the fire and forget approach as opposed to a password and the recent homebrew bit would indicate Nintendo do not care all that much about security. Likewise look at the actual stuff done for a pandora's battery.

Backup versus repair disc. Given my VAIO a couple of years back needed a "recoery" disc to be burnt off I do not think it too much of a stretch.

Screenshot: I have had stuff that runs my consoles through my monitors for years and TV capture cards are not exactly new. It is a good point though but as the original people appear to be at least somewhat clued up as to this sort of thing.....

Leaving discs in the drive? How many surgery stories of people with stuff left behind? Now think that your average repairman probably does it day in day out in a rather boring workshop, perhaps shift work or "helpful" types interfere.

The only minor problem for this sort of thing I can see is it could drive stuff "underground" like happens/happened with xbox homebrew depending on how useful this is.
You reminded me of the story of how I went to the Isle of Skye with a family friend to help out with a house being built (well, more an assistant to him) and I left his 5 million candle power torch in the attic... oh was he pleased....

Anyways, worser things have popped up on the GBA front news page. Remember when someone claimed to have made a DVD player homebrew for the Wii? That was front news material... for a week before it turned out he never delivered.

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Since i worked for a computer store last year (i know its different, but you will get my point), sometimes you just lay down the backup disc (windows, acronis, linux live etc) somewhere if you have a lot of work (which they do, console are defective all the time). And we had it before that customers brought us back a arconis backup (we never used orignals DVDs because of this) and i guess there are customers who just took them ..

on the other hand, i think nintendo repair services arent done by one person. Like:
1 person checks the wii to locate the problem (software or hardware, etc)
2. has to change the wii, gets the old one, takes a new one, looks at old one, copy VC games, saves, miis whatever, put it on new one (the hardest work)
3. person checks if everything is ok (like backups, vc games, DVDs IN THE DRIVE, SD CARD !)

maybe they werre in a hurry and just sent it back fast?

Nobody knows, but i think its real, but wont help us much .. if this guy really has it, he could post more about it, test things out etc.. he gets a lot of offers for geckos, lg drives etc.. and since the wiininja team has one, too (they tell so), and they have the knowledge to backup games and "do more with the wii", i think its useless...

but lets wait and get brawl first, play it for a year and then come back and ask whatever happend to this dvd
wink.gif

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
With regards to VC, all you can do is change the id of a game on the sd card to match your wiiid.

Very Very handy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious