Hacking Official Trim Tool 2.0?

CannonBallZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you guys even tried it without retrimming ? no need to get your knickers in a knot, it works fine with r4 commander trimmer

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the R4/M3 Commander trimmer works great!

http://r4m3commander.moddz.com/

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it really worth trimming ?
I mean, how much space can you actually save with it ?
If (for example, I don't know cos I haven't tried it yet) you're only going to get 1 to 2 extra games on a 1Gig memory card it seems like an awful lot of time to spend to achieve so little gain.

Anyone got any mindblowing figures for us ?

Bongloads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I'd just like to point out that the M3DS Simply Rom Trimmer that they've been distributing since the launch of the product (I've had it since Jan '07) is in fact the exact same program as the "new" 2.0 R4DS Trimmer. That's right, exactly 24.576 bytes each, same logo, and same 1.0.0.1 version number in Windows properties. In fact, you may also note the "R4DS ROM Trimmer MFC Application" under the description - on both files
wink.gif
So it seems that while the R4 team is always pushing out their firmware first, it was the M3 side of the equation that gave us the "proper" trimmer to begin with.
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.