Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just glad I have a proper compile environment ready to go when I need it.
I've started to use WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) for my basic Linux needs. For things like compiling, it gets the job done without needing a VM.

k3rizz3k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've started to use WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) for my basic Linux needs. For things like compiling, it gets the job done without needing a VM.
I tried that with ubuntu and WSL, but still no dice for me. Oh also, my Mint distro is on and old laptop that I never use, not a VM. Maybe that is why my luck was better?

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that with ubuntu and WSL, but still no dice for me. Oh also, my Mint distro is on and old laptop that I never use, not a VM. Maybe that is why my luck was better?
You definitely can't beat a genuine Linux installation. Was your problem installing pacman? If so, you have to first use "sudo ln -s /proc/self/mounts /etc/mtab" to create a symlink for the /etc/mtab folder since WSL doesn't create one.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MatMaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tested and I can confirm installing and playing nsp's is working with tinfoil + reinxSygpatches

Whoa wtf? It's finally happened. Where are these sigpatches you speak of?

Edit: OK I see em. Time to get started.

Last edited by MatMaf,

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa wtf? It's finally happened. Where are these sigpatches you speak of?

Edit: OK I see em. Time to get started.
According to a post from Rei on Github, they're being tested out in their Discord. Also, they're apparently linked in the post above yours, lol.

k3rizz3k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You definitely can't beat a genuine Linux installation. Was your problem installing pacman? If so, you have to first use "sudo ln -s /proc/self/mounts /etc/mtab" to create a symlink for the /etc/mtab folder since WSL doesn't create one.
I had actually followed a guide for Ubuntu on Windows 10 with wsl, specifically written to help with compiling reinx. It had that step. I did it, but didn't work. I'll just keep old slowpoke around. (Asus Eeepc 900a)

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had actually followed a guide for Ubuntu on Windows 10 with wsl, specifically written to help with compiling reinx. It had that step. I did it, but didn't work. I'll just keep old slowpoke around. (Asus Eeepc 900a)
I had a problem getting it to work the first time I tried it too. No idea why. In the end, I'm pretty sure I just deleted the symlink, restarted bash, and remade it. For whatever reason, it worked just fine the second time.

Reactions: k3rizz3k
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.