Hardware Official Nintendo Switch Technical Specifications Have Been Shared!

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And hence the name native resolution
From the point of a non-techy user, when I played the Switch it just seemed like an improved WiiU without a huge difference per say. Still, Zelda:BotW on the WiiU and Switch will for sure show how different the two systems are running it. One's disc and one's on a game card so the loading times are obviously better on the Switch for starters. Graphics are also better on the Switch but how much better? Probably not that big of a difference.

Yea Zelda isnt the best game to show things off.
Yes they say it looks very nice and is an upgraded version.
But the word is its a port of the wii u version. They didnt build it from the ground up. Which would of made it better.
We will have to see how mario looks and the games to come.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think 1080p should be the minimum, this aint even 3D, I'm holding off till this thing gets a hardware refresh

Switch battery lasts little, it would be quite worse with 3D.
It also would affect performance, which is terrible considering it wants 3rd party support and it's already underpowered compared to PS4 and X1,
it's a handheld after all.
3D is a gimmick that should be forgotten, you barely saw any game using it properly and even Pokémon,
the system seller, didn't use it.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Switch battery lasts little, it would be quite worse with 3D.
It also would affect performance, which is terrible considering it wants 3rd party support and it's already underpowered compared to PS4 and X1,
it's a handheld after all.
3D is a gimmick that should be forgotten, you barely saw any game using it properly and even Pokémon,
the system seller, didn't use it.
Well without 3D I don't give half a crap about the Switch

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Still no specific details on cpu, gpu or ram. So either they are embarassed about the specs or rather not let them run rampant a month before launch
Other than on the internet for the purposes of console flame wars, specs don't mean much of anything. It's easier to sell a device to the general public just by showing them what it's capable of, rather than give them series of numbers and letters they don't understand.

Reactions: Dav_Dabz

Dav_Dabz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other than on the internet for the purposes of console flame wars, specs don't mean much of anything. It's easier to sell a device to the general public just by showing them what it's capable of, rather than give them series of numbers and letters they don't understand.

That is an oversight a lot of people miss. I'm interested in the specs as i'm interested in what makes the Switch Tick.

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
fake, in the board, it says 2160p at 30fps but ninty already confirmed it wouldnt support 4k gaming
still tba about 4k streaming though...
Since Nintendo never release the technical specifications of their consoles that's the only thing we got (a rumor), until it becomes march 3 and forward

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth