Official launch date and pricing for the Nintendo Switch in Brazil announced

switch-brazil-jpg.222160

A couple of weeks ago, we shared the announcement that the Nintendo Switch is officially coming to Brazil. The delay in the official release was attributed to import taxes which have now been revised. However, no release window was announced back them. Today. Nintendo has given a specific date for its console's release in the country: September 18th.

Residents of Brazil will be able to purchase the Switch at a suggested retail price of R$ 2,999 in selected retailers Lojas Americanas and Magazine Luiza, as well as online at the virtual stores Americanas.com.br, Magazineluiza.com.br and Submarino.com.br. Additionally, the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and additional Joy-Con controllers in different color options will be available at the same retailers.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I posted the price on the other topic. It's ridiculous.
And since this price was announced, the scalpers raised the imports' prices from the usual R$ 2,000-2,500 to 3,000+.
I bought my first switch last year for R$ 1,680.

It's worth mentioning that the PS4 Pro costs the exact same price (R$ 2,999) on the same retailer (Magazine Luiza), so no, it's not the taxes driving up the price.

https://www.magazineluiza.com.br/playstation-4-pro-1tb-1-controle-sony-headset/p/043077600/ga/gps4/

Reactions: Victorzer

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
IIRC, the outrageous taxes and price of the product in the market was one of the reasons why Nintendo didn’t want to officially launch their systems in Brazil, correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by The Catboy,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That is like 480€!? Wow that is expensive!
yeah lol i think its probably cheaper to buy one from usa or some other country and pay the import fees, it will still be less expensive, god damn 480 euros for a mid life switch lol.

how much will games cost 100 euros each?

Reactions: tfocosta

cluesagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty uninformed on this subject but wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy one from Japan or the USA and have it imported? Even if there are import taxes it probably would still be cheaper than that, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, me neither