Hacking Official DSi anticipation/discussion thread..

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
If you can't wait until April 3rd, 4th, or 5th (Depending on where you live) for the DSi to come out, then talk all about it here.

Personally, I can't freakin' wait until it comes out. I'm selling my iPod Touch to pay for it (Unless I can get a job at Shop 'n' Save in time to preorder it). I think the cameras are a great idea, as they will be used in certain games (The WarioWare one for instance), and since I don't have a digital camera/camera phone, I think it will be nice (Even though the quality is pretty bad). I also like the music player idea, and since I'll be selling my iPod, I'll use it. I actually converted all of my MP3s to AACs last night, just because I'm so hyped up for the DSi. Even though the DSi doesn't have a GBA slot, I'm still fine with it, since I'm keeping my DS Lite for the use of my flashcart and GBA games on it (I'm going to be buying some old DS games for my DSi, since I don't feel like buying another flashcart for it).

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly... no... crappy cameras, gba support/slot2 removal in favor of paying money to download apps that as of yet havent appeared good is just not appealing. Seriously, what is so great about cameras?, I've read they aren't even very good cameras The browser, and better support for wifi encryption schemes, the bigger screens is the only thing remotely appealing about this device

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don't know how many threads such as this one have been posted. Why not just continue the other one instead? I seriously think, I am going to make an official thread instead of all these other threads to be posted.

But, I am not excited actually. I am going to buy one once they get cheaper to about $150, unless I am way to excited, I will buy one.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not particularly. I am more than happy with my DS Lite. Some day I might get one depending how much I like the larger screen size. But right now I don't think it warrants my purchase, because it isn't much different than my Lite.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The cameras and bigger screens do appeal to me, as does the built-in web browser and support for an SD card. However, having to buy a new flashcard is a pain in the ass. All in all, if I really do want one, I'll trade some kid my PSP3000 and two games for one. I'm not gonna get it at launch day though. Maybe I'll wait for it to go down $50 in price. I have other things that deserve a higher priority, like a new MP3 player. My iPod Nano 2G is kinda outdated.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
From now on use this thread for casual talk about DSi, and posting your thoughts on it, I'll keep the older threads running, but every new thread that gets created will be closed!

There is enough DSi threads that talk about the same matter..

I won't be buying DSi because I won't have any use from it..

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have mixed thoughts about it.

I don't really use slot2, except for Guitar Hero, but I'm probably selling it..
But actually I'm still very happy with my DS phat..

Oh, is the DSi going to support WPA or not? [/too lazy to search]

cocomonk22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in getting a DSi, but the big considerations for me are the price ($170), battery life (max ~14 hours), and new games (DSiWare, DSi exclusive games). If a DSi only Mario/Zelda/Pokemon/other big-name game was released, I would definitely be interested.

Forstride

OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Sorry Toni. I really didn't see any other anticipation threads, so I decided to create one. But yeah...I don't see why people are complaining about the lack of a GBA slot. It's a DSi, not a GBAi. The GBA slot for the DS/L was mainly an add-on. Sure, some games may of used it, but it's not a crucial part of the DS if you think about it.

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
AnimalCrossingX said:
But yeah...I don't see why people are complaining about the lack of a GBA slot. It's a DSi, not a GBAi. The GBA slot for the DS/L was mainly an add-on. Sure, some games may of used it, but it's not a crucial part of the DS if you think about it.
Cause its also used for expansion packs like the paddle controller, the rumble pack, the guitar hero controller, and some games use game boy advance games to add features like megaman zx

Forstride

OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Woohoo! I just pre-ordered my DSi.
yay.gif
I'm getting to black one. Also, if anyone wants to know, it's a $25 down payment to preorder it.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raiyu245 said:
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=35633

So how long do you think it will take for the DSi to get hacked so we can use there fw against them like the PSP? XD

Give it a week
biggrin.gif
Also.....PSP > DSi IMO now, COME ON Ninty, I thought this DSi would be something to compete with PSP but there's no comparison

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a n00b question. If current DSi flashcarts are using Commercial Cart's headers (from what I've heard), why is everyone like, " NINTY IS GONNA BRICK YOUR DSi WITH A FW UPDATE". Wouldn't they be blocking their own commercial card if they block the header?

Jon ~ sorry if this question has been answered

B

ball2012003

i cant wait for this
i wish it came out this month instead of April
reserved myself a black

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...