RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wizerzak said:
What do the points actually accumulate from and how do you spend them? The only thing I can spend in cherries and you needs loads of them...
BTW I only have 540 lol.
You don't spend them, they're the equivalent of the pokéwalker sending watts back to your game.
Getting enough dream points unlocks new things up until 10000 points, that's all there is to it.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You get points per game played, and once you accumulate enough you get more rows in your garden or even new Pokemon to befriend in the Dream World. Farming points isn't hard; you can get 500+ points per day if you choose to go back to your house when you get to the tree instead of making a wish; then you go back and repeat that process until you're about out of time or stuff stops showing up in the forest.

Also, shiny Dream World Pokemon aren't possible to get. If you get a female Dream World Pokemon, it's possible to breed the ability to the offspring, which can be shiny, but if you have a shiny Pokemon that was allegedly met at Entree Forest or was caught in a Dream Ball, it's a hack, and a pretty poor one at that.

And the Ice Cream minigame is actually the easiest of them all, if all you're aiming to do is clear the 20-inch line. Simply hold down your mouse over the fastest-scooping ice cream available, until the scoop stops growing. Drop it into the bowl; it should clear the 20 inch line easy, and it's pretty impossible to get it to fall out of the bowl if it's the first scoop.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Wizerzak said:
What do the points actually accumulate from and how do you spend them? The only thing I can spend in cherries and you needs loads of them...
BTW I only have 540 lol.
You don't spend them, they're the equivalent of the pokéwalker sending watts back to your game.
Getting enough dream points unlocks new things up until 10000 points, that's all there is to it.

ahh I see... wow, i've got a long way to go.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wizerzak said:
RupeeClock said:
Wizerzak said:
BTW I only have 540 lol.

ahh I see... wow, i've got a long way to go.
If you do things right, might only take around three weeks.
You can definitely get more than 500 points a day, I think I might've got 700 today.

QUOTE(FireEmblemGuy @ Apr 22 2011, 08:33 PM)
Also, shiny Dream World Pokemon aren't possible to get. If you get a female Dream World Pokemon, it's possible to breed the ability to the offspring, which can be shiny, but if you have a shiny Pokemon that was allegedly met at Entree Forest or was caught in a Dream Ball, it's a hack, and a pretty poor one at that.

Bah, I wish people would stop trading me hacked shinies.
More often than not I'm only giving pokes away anyway.

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
You happened to get a shiny dreamworld pokémon?
But I've been given shiny dreamworld Axew and venonat in trades already, definitely dreamworld.

...I have a sneaking suspicion shinies might be more common from the dream world.
Both of those have to be hacks - Gen V Pokemon aren't available in the dream world (presumably because they don't have overworld sprites for the forest; the gen I-IV Pokemon use the HGSS overworld sprites), so that rules out any legit Axew with a DW ability. As far as I can tell, Venonat isn't available anywhere in the Dream World, even in Japan. And aside from maybe event stuff, nothing shiny comes from the Dream World. Their offspring would have the chance to both be shiny and inherit the mother's Dream World ability, but with neither of those Pokemon being available I'm wondering how those things passed WiFi checks to be traded in the first place.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FireEmblemGuy said:
RupeeClock said:
But I've been given shiny dreamworld Axew and venonat in trades already, definitely dreamworld.

...I have a sneaking suspicion shinies might be more common from the dream world.
Both of those have to be hacks - Gen V Pokemon aren't available in the dream world (presumably because they don't have overworld sprites for the forest; the gen I-IV Pokemon use the HGSS overworld sprites), so that rules out any legit Axew with a DW ability. As far as I can tell, Venonat isn't available anywhere in the Dream World, even in Japan. And aside from maybe event stuff, nothing shiny comes from the Dream World. Their offspring would have the chance to both be shiny and inherit the mother's Dream World ability, but with neither of those Pokemon being available I'm wondering how those things passed WiFi checks to be traded in the first place.
They were direct WIFI trades from other people, which has no checks at all.

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FireEmblemGuy said:
[...]
And the Ice Cream minigame is actually the easiest of them all, if all you're aiming to do is clear the 20-inch line. Simply hold down your mouse over the fastest-scooping ice cream available, until the scoop stops growing. Drop it into the bowl; it should clear the 20 inch line easy, and it's pretty impossible to get it to fall out of the bowl if it's the first scoop.
this way you don't get any of the special moves (you get them based on your score on the mini-games).

The easiest game of them all is the "find a pokemon". You just have to go quickly past the screens until you find the pokemon's berry (sparkles in the center of the screen). Then you just have to go on the screens next or near to this one and click where it could be (you don't even need to wait the spots to shake).

I finish it with 1 minute (or more) left.

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:

Black ace said:
My points are nothing compared to ruppeeclock's!He probably has over 3000 points and I only got over half of his.
ohnoes.png
Today? 3810 points!
wow,You can get points so easily you pro

and now I think I can do good in the finding the pokemon now with the tips above.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cuelhu said:
FireEmblemGuy said:
[...]
this way you don't get any of the special moves (you get them based on your score on the mini-games).

The easiest game of them all is the "find a pokemon". You just have to go quickly past the screens until you find the pokemon's berry (sparkles in the center of the screen). Then you just have to go on the screens next or near to this one and click where it could be (you don't even need to wait the spots to shake).

seriously? i thought they were random... so whats the best way to earn DW points? making 5 trips to the forest until you unlock the sky and then do it 5 times more? >.>
any tip on the mini games? what are good scores to get better moves? what is the pass orb good for? and lastly is there some item to be able to breed a pokemon without him leveling up on the poke care-day?

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ForteGospel said:
Cuelhu said:
FireEmblemGuy said:
[...]

seriously? i thought they were random... so whats the best way to earn DW points? making 5 trips to the forest until you unlock the sky and then do it 5 times more? >.>
any tip on the mini games? what are good scores to get better moves? what is the pass orb good for? and lastly is there some item to be able to breed a pokemon without him leveling up on the poke care-day?
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworld.shtml
At the end of the page there is a chart on how much points each activity earn.
Secret Moves
You'll have to do your best, practice and you'll get better scores. xP
Someone posted this video here and I found it very useful. Once you master the technique you'll make the best ice cream ever. xD

The pass orbs are used in missions in the Entralink (multi-player).

QUOTE(Fel @ Apr 22 2011, 07:59 PM)
I'm just wondering, how are you able to visit random islands? Today I've noticed two visits (no DreamPals yet), so I'd like to travel to other people's houses as well.
You have to go to your home and click on the "Dream Map" link. There will be a random island next to yours. Once you've became someone's Dream Pal, the link to his island will be a full colored rainbow and the random ones will still be only lines without colors.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Today I got some great stuff, I planted all of my EV berries and even got to swap for two more kelpsy berries after planting what ones I had left.
I found kelpsy and hondew in the windswept skies, and even a female unnerve aerodactyl.
Got 670 points today, now I have 4480 points.

I wonder if stealth rock can be passed down to the aerodactyl by breeding it? It WAS a TM move after all.

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stealth Rock can be learned as a special Dream World only move, or brought in from a Gen IV. Aerodactyl, but it doesn't seem like it can be bred onto new ones, which is a shame. I also don't know if it can be used on WiFi; I'm pretty sure most of the time Pokemon with GenIV-only moves aren't allowed to take them on WiFi, but I don't know if that applies to Dream World Pokemon with special moves or not.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So today I got 740 points, which means I just broke the 5000 point barrier and have 5220 points.
Didn't get to see the ocean area today though, nor did I really get anything worthwhile at all, no good items found or swapped, no particularly useful pokémon, and my entire swap shelve was filled with crap like oran berries.

Tomorrow though, my EV berries will be ready to harvest, but because of the maintainence on Tuesdays and the dreadful 24 hour waiting, I cannot do shit on Tuesday.
So tomorrow on Monday, I'm going to plant the weakness reducing berries, they are the slowest to grow and therefore worth the wasted time to begin with. They also don't dry out as easily.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FireEmblemGuy said:
Stealth Rock can be learned as a special Dream World only move, or brought in from a Gen IV. Aerodactyl, but it doesn't seem like it can be bred onto new ones, which is a shame. I also don't know if it can be used on WiFi; I'm pretty sure most of the time Pokemon with GenIV-only moves aren't allowed to take them on WiFi, but I don't know if that applies to Dream World Pokemon with special moves or not.
No, it can be allowed. Only if the pokemon comes from gen. IV, Gen. IV-only moves are allowed.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What new pokemon can learn rain dish ability? I'm a huge fan of rain dance teams.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lazy727 said:
What new pokemon can learn rain dish ability? I'm a huge fan of rain dance teams.
The squirtle line, tentacool line, wingull line and surskit.

I can see the potential of aqua ring, drizzle and leftovers being infuriating, but if a female DW Squirtle is never released then Blastoise can never utilise that.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hit 7000 points today, tomorrow I should finally unlock new content in all the areas.
But today I got something truly worthwhile, a female magikarp.
You know why that's great? Magikarp gets rattled, but Gyarados gets MOXIE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1