Hacking ODE or E3 dual boot

tsselle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I recently got a ps3. It's a 21xx.
But my questions is, should I go with dual booting OFW and CFW using E3, or just go with an ODE like Cobra, or3k3y?
I want to be able get online sometimes, but i won't be doing it often, and if i got with dual booting have have an extra hard drive, so I wouldn't have to get one.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the answer is that ANY cfw (either ODE or dual booting) is not ban proof even if you dual boot traces of the cfw still linger on the ps3 when in ofw mode sony can detect dual booters and still ban them golden rule never go on SEN/PSN with a hacked ps3 or risk being whacked by the all mighty Ban Hammer

tsselle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it is possible to be banned no matter what, but i'm still wondering what the better method would be. I mean either way, even if i do get banned, i want to know which would be better to use in the long run.
Like, more features, better support, ect.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CFW is CFW, and ODE is ODE. They are completely different thing.

ODE is more simpler, provided you are on OFW and are playing copies ripped by ODE.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say Downgrade with E3 to 3.55 and install the current version CFW you like mainly ODE'S (PS3 wise) are to get pira......i mean homebrew on non downgradable (3x/4x and later released 2x's) ps3

tsselle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know they are different. that's why I am asking which would be recommended. Because personally, it seems like going with CFW would be better, but i want more than my own opinion.

Bahaha, Yeah, Homebrew, and 'Back-ups'.

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want to get banned online, ODE w/ OFW gives you the highest chance of staying unbanned.

If you want homebrew, OtherOS, HDCP disabled, etc, CFW all the way.

tsselle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what about the how dual booting thing?
Yes i know there is still the chance of being banned, but shouldn't it be lower?

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well what about the how dual booting thing?
Yes i know there is still the chance of being banned, but shouldn't it be lower?
Dual boot should also work but it is more of a hassel.

I'm using CFW and I'm not banned. I'd only go online for PSN and disconnect when I'm playing games. I also don't use reactPSN to mess with my PSN.

tsselle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's more of a hassle, but form what i have seen, using E3 limited, it isn't too bad.
And That about what I would be doing, but i want the dual boot, because there is sometimes that i would want to play online with friends, hence the dual boot. So i can go back to OFW when i do.

windrider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dual boot once set up is pretty simple. Just a flip of a switch and swap hdd's.

I personally like it for going online, or having CFW

I don't have an ode, and only know about it from reading up on it, so can't really comment on that.

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Cobra ODE 4.30 has solderless installation on CECH21xx , it's pretty easy to install it yourself , you don't even to touch the motherboard , and no soldering required ( the ODE must be 4.30 version , not 4.20 or 5.10 )
E3 Flasher can be a little tricky to work with , i dont recommend using it yourself if you never opened a PS3 before . And even if it's used by an experienced modder your lack of experience could make you update to a newer firmware and delete the CFW

So i recommend ODE for the ease of installation and the fact that it's not disabled by future system updates

Shiyam Sundar

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Cobra ODE 4.30 has solderless installation on CECH21xx , it's pretty easy to install it yourself , you don't even to touch the motherboard , and no soldering required ( the ODE must be 4.30 version , not 4.20 or 5.10 )
E3 Flasher can be a little tricky to work with , i dont recommend using it yourself if you never opened a PS3 before . And even if it's used by an experienced modder your lack of experience could make you update to a newer firmware and delete the CFW

So i recommend ODE for the ease of installation and the fact that it's not disabled by future system updates[/quote
I am having ps3 slim Cech 3002b..features like backward compatibility to play ps2 games or any other feature.
I need to which one is better with more features
Is it better to buy e3 pro flasher for ₹2000 or cobra for ₹4500

Shiyam Sundar

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I am having ps3 slim Cech 3002b..I need features like backward compatibility to play ps2 games and any other features
I need to know which one is better with more features
Is it worth to buy e3 ode pro for ₹2000 or cobra ode for ₹4500

sanin6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I would go with E3 I love my cfw I can do whatever I please with my ps3 now :)

I have Rogero 4.55 and everything is smooth it has online access but I bought another ps3 for online use I got 120gb slim for 60 bucks at a pawn shop. They are usually $100 bucks here where I live. It had a missing controller which I already had lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn