Gaming Odd Ds Lite from Ebay

RockyusRigbyus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, a while back I bought a Ice Blue Ds Lite from Ebay and never experienced any problems. But recently I was looking at the back of the unit and found that It looked way different than any other model I've ever seen. I did some research and found lots of conflicting information, some sources said that it was a reproduction shell but I couldn't find any repo shells that looked even similar to the Ds Lite in question. Others said that it was from Taiwan and the only real info I could find was something about Nintendo releasing Ds Lites in phone stores in Taiwan from 2008 Which it does list 2008 on the console itself. The last thing I could find was that this was released in Hong Kong, but the confusing thing about that is that the IQue is what was being used in China though it does say HKG-4 which could stand for Hong Kong.
Is this fairly pointless, yeah it is lol i'm more less curious.

Here are the photos

20190324_115023272_iOS.jpg
20190324_114856163_iOS.jpg
20190324_115123298_iOS.jpg
20190324_115036848_iOS.jpg

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a KIOSK model never intended for the public? Not sure. Never seen one with the shell like that. You've got something special for sure.

RockyusRigbyus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I found a forum where some guy is selling the exact same Ds Lite as the one I have. He says he got it from HK Broadway from "authorized" seller. This may mean that it's a fake but the thread was posted in 2009 and If I'm correct there where not any really convincing fakes/repos till 2011 so who knows maybe this is something really rare or it's just a really convincing fake/repo lol.

Here is the url.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/nintend-ds-lite-ice-blue-w-r4-case-sold-708850/

RockyusRigbyus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some odd news about this strange Ds LIte, my plan was to reset it back to it's factory settings (by removing the battery) to revert it to it's original state to find out the default language. But when I opened it up I noticed that the battery seemed to be authentic but instead of a HKG marking I saw a Australian one, I also noticed that my Gba slot cover had the CE sign on it. After I put the battery back in it reverted to it's default language which was English. I'm starting to think that this might be a fake/repo because if it was from Hong Kong then why would it have a bunch of Australia stuff on it or have it's default language be English. Something to note though I found a pretty fuzzy image of an Australia Ds Lite and the serial number seemed almost the exact same as the one I have, the only difference was that instead of a UTF on the code there was a UAF don't know if that means anything but just wanted to mention it anyways. One more thing in case your curious here is the Ebay seller I got the Ds from Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-D...m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Here is the image of the Australian Ds Lite
Screenshot_9.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.