Hacking October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this guide is very impressive. Thanks for the help. I do have a few questions about downgrading the firmware though, before I do it.
( I am not very good about this kind of stuff)

1. If I get a new game -an original- and it requires an update from the disc, can I still use it?

2. When I downgrade the firmware, will the Wii System Memory be reformatted? I'm going to make backup of saves and downloaded channels, but will I loose them from the Wii memory?

3. Can I still use online play with the downgraded firmware?

4. What happens if something goes wrong during the downgrade? (Corrupted data, missing files, bad connection, etc.) Are there any steps I should take to make sure to prevent them?

I know this is a lot of information but I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out. I really want to avoid loosing anything or bricking my Wii in the process. Thanks.

D

Deleted User

timishu said:
Wow, this guide is very impressive. Thanks for the help. I do have a few questions about downgrading the firmware though, before I do it.
( I am not very good about this kind of stuff)

1. If I get a new game -an original- and it requires an update from the disc, can I still use it?
IF you downgrade, get Starfall, install "Skip disc update check" hack

2. When I downgrade the firmware, will the Wii System Memory be reformatted? I'm going to make backup of saves and downloaded channels, but will I loose them from the Wii memory?
NO

3. Can I still use online play with the downgraded firmware?
YES

4. What happens if something goes wrong during the downgrade? (Corrupted data, missing files, bad connection, etc.) Are there any steps I should take to make sure to prevent them?
None, just make sure that whatever you downloaded is archived.

I know this is a lot of information but I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out. I really want to avoid loosing anything or bricking my Wii in the process. Thanks.

D

Deleted User

Holland said:
Kikoshi said:
Holland said:
This guide seemed to work great. I did everything step by step to get my firmware from 3.4U to 3.2U. Didn't have any snags or hold-ups. But even now when I try and play one of my Japanese backups *tatsunoko vs capcom), I get the good ol' DVD Error 324. I've tried forcing NTCS and setting the system language to default and to Japanese. Still nothing.

Any thoughts or ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks so much!!
You should of kept your 3.4 update, I did and i got things to work even installing wads
biggrin.gif

wow..really? could you shed some insight here? i can always format, update, and start at 3.4U.
smile.gif
any help is appreciated!

Error 324 is bad burn. DO NOT BELIEVE what he said. 3.2 is the golden firmware for softmodders.

Also, to play Tatsunoko VS. Capcom, you need to do some special method. SEARCH first before complaining next time

Posts merged

QUOTE(123Rolle @ Jan 26 2009, 06:40 AM)
im getting error (ret -2011) when im trying to install CIOS_FIX.WAD.... what should i do? IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad install goes well but then im stuck in that cios_fix!!

Have you tried Custom WAD Manager?
Have you tried WAD Manager?

mario41001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uhh if i downgrade and then want to upgrade again can i just upgrade normally or through something else?

D

Deleted User

Just do it normally.

Also, unless you're doing the upgrade for some Fixing method, then don't upgrade!

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm running the installer, going through every step and it's all going fine. But I caught something in the wad manager that did not match the one in the tutorial. My file name was IOS16-64-v257.wad and the guide's video was IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad. Is this significant? Did I download the wrong WAD? What should I do?

D

Deleted User

Google the exact file name with the prod it in, next to it, type your favourite file hoster (rapidshare, mediafire, megaupload,etc)

D

Deleted User

Something like:

Uninstalling preloader and such

In other words, do not mess with updating unless you really need to!

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
Google the exact file name with the prod it in, next to it, type your favourite file hoster (rapidshare, mediafire, megaupload,etc)

There are a lot of file savers out there.....which one do you recommend for this?

idan2468

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idan2468 said:
afif95 said:
idan2468 said:
please help me i askd this qustion about 2 times.
this guide work in jap wii with the apps and all the things? if need some app give me please because i must do this. why its not happend to my friend he have an usa wii
sorry on me bad english

Find a better translator, I can't understand a shit of what you're saying.

bonus said:
i am stucked at the first step the wad manager 1.3 give me error -1
please help my wii sys is 3.3U

Are you sure the wad is placed inside the wad folder which is supposed to be in the root of your SD Card?
wink.gif

QUOTE(bonus @ Jan 11 2009, 11:40 AM)
i passed step 1 i installed the iso16-64-v257-prod.wad but when i try to install the cios_fix.wad it give me error -2011 help plz

Have you tried Custom WAD Manager? If so, have you tried WAD Manager (the normal one)?
ok i think i can explain what I want this guide about the wii fix work with jap wii ?
I most a answer please I most "this guide about the wii fix work with jap wii ?"

D

Deleted User

timishu said:
afif95 said:

There are a lot of file savers out there.....which one do you recommend for this?

It reeally accords to your preference. For me, I'll go with Rapidshare

rip1021

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I try to follow Wii Fix procedure. After I installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad. I try to install cios_fix.wad, but it gave me ticket error : -2011. I tried to use WAD Manager and WAD Installer, and I received the same error.. My wii is using 3.4U firmware. How can I install cios_fix.wad? any suggestion..

Thank you

rip1021

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I'm very new to this Wii thing. I try to google the customer wad manager and can not find any.. Do you have the name so I can download it

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==