.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I keep reading about how the backtracking pissed everyone off, every review, every comment from someone who played it.
but I think I only did a few of the floors twice.

Did I do something different?

I just always had a teleport waiting for me when I came back and I thought it worked great.
It was slightly annoying to redo floors again, but I liked how when you came back you could take little shortcuts and do it a bit differently.

I feel like I might be the only person who did it properly or something

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What teleport? I had to keep walking back through that goddamn thing each time until I gave up on the game due to that crap. I had plunged about 3-4 deep into it and yah I'd get the blue porter out, but nothing to drop me right back if I came later to do the next length.

That rotten dungeon is the reason I stopped because having to re-do the same crap endlessly over again to add another layer was like adding insult to injury.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The back and forth got annoying for me. Made me put the game down for a couple weeks and move onto something else.

Sure, go back once, maybe twice, but to go back 3, 4, 5, 214124 times just got bothersome.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first 2 or 3 times you have to basically redo each floor, but after that you can take huge shortcuts and a halfway point portal becomes available. It's really not all that bad. You just need to truck through the first few times is all.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I keep reading about how the backtracking pissed everyone off, every review, every comment from someone who played it.
but I think I only did a few of the floors twice.

Did I do something different?

I just always had a teleport waiting for me when I came back and I thought it worked great.
It was slightly annoying to redo floors again, but I liked how when you came back you could take little shortcuts and do it a bit differently.

I feel like I might be the only person who did it properly or something
I'm with you .TakaM. I think the point of the Ocean Temple is that each time you go back, you should have a new item that lets you create a new shortcut. If you're just replaying the same levels over and over again the same way, then you're doing something wrong.

I never found the Ocean Temple tiring. It felt like a new challenge every time I delved deeper.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rather enjoy the Temple of the Ocean King so far. I just got Crimsonite and I'm about to go back and get the fourth sea chart. It's fun to mess with the Phantoms too.
happy.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I found it kind of annoying.. having to go back there every time.. I would rather have different temples to go each time, looks like the level designers were kind of lazy on this one..
dry.gif

coops024

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah this didnt bother me either

Like others have said you only need to do them a couple of times the same way then each time you go back there are quicker ways to do it (with the new items you have gained through playing the game)

One of the best games ive played for the DS ever (If only it was a little longer/harder)
shy.gif

And yes I am talking about the game

fenthwick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Every time you went back different approaches got opened. It was refreshing every time and later on there was a portal that let you skip the first part. I do not know about you but I went back several times just to find all secrets on each level.

I really liked the temple and the idea.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't like the game. At all. But I could have beat it, holding my anger against it, if it wasn't for that damned Temple. Tiresome, boring and repetitive... just a no-no. I wanted to beat this Zelda to understand why everyone likes it so much, but this 'obstacle' was just unbearable.

PS: Shanshobo, use the PM system
wink.gif

kimnkk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My game freezes every time i enter the Ocean King Temple!

I just picked up the phantom hourglass and went halfway through the Ocean King Temple already but i turned off the console after saving it whilst in there. But now everytime i try to go back into the temple (the entrance that is just under the platform where you get the hourglass) it freezes and i can hear the sound 'frozen' in the speakers.

Anything i can do?
frown.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't like the game. At all. But I could have beat it, holding my anger against it, if it wasn't for that damned Temple. Tiresome, boring and repetitive... just a no-no. I wanted to beat this Zelda to understand why everyone likes it so much, but this 'obstacle' was just unbearable.

PS: Shanshobo, use the PM system
wink.gif

QUOTED FOR TRUTH... That is the ONLY reason I put it down. I had PLENTY of time on airplanes and in airports to screw with it, even took it along...ended up doing less repetitious, and less aggravating crap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: yo