OCDM - Mario Maker 3DS course manager

OCDM stands for Online Course Database Manager

Features*:
  • import and export courses, both** 3DS and WiiU
  • cryptofix saves (if the game marked your save as "corrupted")
    • Note: this will overwrite the LockoutID in your courses, not in the save file, so please be fair and don't reupload others' courses :)
  • make/apply save snapshots (exports all files which are used in the save)
    • Note: please format your save data before restoring your save otherwise the game could mark your save as "corrupted", and this one is not cryptofixable
  • browse SMMDB
    • download courses
    • discontinued

*: these features are in the latest build at the time of editing this post, so functionality in the public build could differ
**: due to differences in the 3DS and the WiiU version, importing a converted course file on a foreign platform could crash the game on loading the course

bf9dd7f81f.jpg

dfa53dcd86.jpg

82f4e899ed.jpg

2d84f7a0f6.jpg

9f7d574fee.png

fd529e16c1.png

3e10674a00.png

fd5ea7441e.png

d593f2b5ff.png

f4b4b4fcf4.jpg

[Download] (not supported anymore)​

Last edited by Sono,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I actually have a feeling that Nintendo has a version of SMM 3DS which does have online course sharing, but for some reason they decided not to include it. I can't believe they didn't at least seriously consider it.

Nintendo loves taking two steps forward one step back.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completely agree. They are probably grateful that this is being developed with no effort on the part of their development team and no load on their servers.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And if they're not, they should be :P

Or they'll probably just do what they did for AM2R and slap us with a Cease and Desist.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Or they'll probably just do what they did for AM2R and slap us with a Cease and Desist.
They won't do that. This project neither contains nor replicates any copyright material, and it doesn't promote or enable piracy. Unless the course files themselves can be considered under copyright, Nintendo have no right (nor need) to issue a C&D for this project. And trying to claim copyright on a course created in SMM would be like trying to claim copyright on a Word document.

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I've just finished the Mario Challenge, including the extra 19th world, so have unlocked all the course elements.

Out of curiosity, what elements does the 19th world unlock? I completed the challenge but i'm struggling with medals.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Out of curiosity, what elements does the 19th world unlock? I completed the challenge but i'm struggling with medals.
I can't remember now, sorry.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Once this is fully up and running with a server hosting the courses, can you make it filter out the shit ones? I'm getting really bored of stupid levels which either have nothing in them except a load of random blocks all over the top of the screen that you run under, or millions of enemies that are practically impossible to avoid, or have hidden inescapable traps which play that annoying 'giggle' sound when you fall in them. :glare:

Reactions: elBenyo

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
will nintedo shut this down you think
They won't do that. This project neither contains nor replicates any copyright material, and it doesn't promote or enable piracy. Unless the course files themselves can be considered under copyright, Nintendo have no right (nor need) to issue a C&D for this project. And trying to claim copyright on a course created in SMM would be like trying to claim copyright on a Word document.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too