Hacking Occasionally corrupted system files?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a soft mod and a WODE. Lately, certain games and discs have been causing a "System Files are Corrupt" message to pop up when I return to the Wii System Menu. The games that have done this are James Cameron's Avatar (loaded through the WODE) and Manic Monkey Mayhem (installed WAD). It also happened with the Official Netflix disc (WODE in Flat Mode). When I shut the Wii off and let it sit for a minute, it seems to resolve itself, as my Wii recovers just fine. Could this be an issue with my IOS files? What could I possibly check for this?

Wii 4.2U
cIOS 249 r19
WODE 2.10

Any help or anything else you need to know?

mugel0190

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
iirc it has something to do with the homebrew channel. I had this error message a few times with an older version of hbc. Since I updated to the latest version, it never happened again...

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest version, so it must be something with the IOS files. I have to go to the dentist now, but when I get back I'll check all my IOS versions to the latest. Anybody else have any ideas on it?

axlegear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Same here! I have the exact same problem, MarcusRaven.
There is only one difference, it happens to me ONLY when I have guests or friends at home
laugh.gif

And after one or two plays, this suddenly happens when I turn on my Wii. When my friends see this, they are surprised that I am not scared or surprised,
laugh.gif

But it's seriously a pain when I am with friends and I want to play...And sure it's also really weird
blink.gif

My configuration is:

Wiikey 1.99beta
Wii 4.1E
cIOS 249 rev19

Wiiflow as a channel.

I really CAN'T figure this out.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
axlegear said:
Same here! I have the exact same problem, MarcusRaven.
There is only one difference, it happens to me ONLY when I have guests or friends at home
laugh.gif

And after one or two plays, this suddenly happens when I turn on my Wii. When my friends see this, they are surprised that I am not scared or surprised,
laugh.gif

But it's seriously a pain when I am with friends and I want to play...And sure it's also really weird
blink.gif

My configuration is:

Wiikey 1.99beta
Wii 4.1E
cIOS 249 rev19

Wiiflow as a channel.

I really CAN'T figure this out.
Do you have the Wii Fit/Plus channel installed?

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happens to me, too.
I personally think a custom theme can cause it too because I had this happen last night. I couldn't load the system menu after the health warning screen.
So I used Bootmii to get to the homebrew channel and just changed my theme and it was fine.

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay I had the same problem even BEFORE softmodding my wii..

Last year I only had a wiikey and a had this message sometimes..

only on some games..

so it's not a problem with sofmod or wiifit..

I don't know what cause this... WIIKEY??

axlegear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok then, I don't have Wii Fit channel or so, and yes, I have a custom theme. but it happened even before I installed the custom theme..So I think it's not the cause. Also I don't think the cause can be found on a Wiikey fault, because this happens even to MarcusRaven and he doesn't have a Wiikey.

My Wii is doing this recently, about by 3 or six months, and I installed my Wiikey over two years ago.

Ah, I believe I forgot to say, I have also preloader 0.29 installed on my 4.1E with various functions active.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i'm pretty sure it could be preloader combined with an unpatched IOS60

use NUSAD to download a patched IOS60 and install it using a wad manager, the messages should go away, if not, then its something else (of course u can use dop-mii or MMM to install a patched IOS60 if u prefer)

edit: which preloader v0.29 are u using? I think there is a version (JODI version) that doesn't patch IOS60 during install.

axlegear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mmm..I can't tell you which version is exactly, but I remember that I can't access the last Homebrew Channel from it. So I think we can figure which version is.
I would prefer to use DOP-Mii 'cause I'm more confidential with it. But I remember that for some reason my Sysmenu once bricked 'cause a patched IOS60. But now I think it's patched..Now I'm gonna run DOP-Mii and I tell you

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u know what, forget about patching your system menu IOS (at least for now)

just update/install priiloader v0.4 instead of what u have now. This version does not require a patched system menu IOS, so if that is your problem, this will also fix the msg u are getting

not to mention priiloader v0.4 is much better than what u are using
biggrin.gif

axlegear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok I just checked and IOS 60 is patched only flash is disabled. I think I can go with priiloader 0.4, I did not update it cause I got bootmii and I think I did not need it..But anyways I use various functions of preloader so I guess it's time for me to update
tongue.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if after u update to priiloader v0.4 the problem is still not fixed, then I don't know what to do, so hopefully this fixes it

if it doesn't fix your problem... I would guess the problem has something to do with your hardmods (because I know softmods inside and out, and if I can't figure it out, the problem probably lies outside my area of expertise)

axlegear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
By the way man, there is only one "problem", my Wii is just running fine as of now. The issue happened just three times and was always when I was with friends at home.
mmm... Do I have to invite some friends after installing priiloader 0.4 to see if the issue happens again?
rofl.gif

But I think it can't be a real way to check if everything is ok
laugh.gif

Anyway, I'll try updating and let's see if in the future this happens again.. In the meantime, if someone can find the complete diagnosis and sure solution, please post it here
wink.gif

EDIT:

I forgot a VERY IMPORTANT THING.

This issue happened ONLY when turning back to the wii menu after charging ISOs with Hard Disk with Wiiflow, never using my wiikey, the ISOs were New Super Mario Bros.Wii, Sega All Stars Racing and after some sessions of Just Dance.

Anyway I most play games from my HDD, and normally I don't have this problem even with those games. Oh well, that was important anyway.
tongue.gif

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked my IOS files, and I seem to have all the latest version. My issue came from returning to the menu from James Cameron's Avatar, Netflix, and Manic Monkey Madness. Its only been those three games. There has to be some issue somewhere. I don't get it. I thought it had something to do with the WODE, but it shouldn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Hilarious :rofl2: