Ocarina of Time fan PC port gets difficulty settings and randomizer in new update

A new update has been released for the Ship of Harkinian, the fanmade PC port of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. While the port already boasted a number of impressive features from its last update, a number of new customization options, quality of life improvements and cheats have been added.

Let's start with difficulty options. Customizable difficulty has been added through a series of toggles and sliders that let users adjust various aspects of the game, such as damage multipliers and potion effects. There's also the option to turn off heart drops entirely.

To offset this, there's a number of cheats that can make things easier on you. Some of them include using a shield with a two-handed sword, a fireproof Deku Shield, a visible vision cone for the Hyrule Castle guards, the bunnyhood can be used on Adult Link, items can be used anywhere and a cheat so that Epona never becomes fatigued.

There's also a number of quality of life improvements. The biggest one is that the framerate is now mostly unlocked, letting you choose a custom framerate up to 250. But there are other smaller features added as well; players can now customize the HUD by moving the minimap or other objects, a new GUI has been introduced for binding controls, there's now a free camera, you can now equip tunics and boots to the D-pad to equip them faster, adjustable climbing speed, no forced Navi, opening chests is faster, and more.

Finally, the video ends on a demonstration of a new item randomizer.

The official download for Ship of Harkinian can be found on their Discord server.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"the bunnyhood can be used on Adult Link"

But wasn't the bunny hood completely cosmetic in oot?

T00nist8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's looking even better and better! Can't wait for the graphic and texture changes and it will be a complete remaster! Anything else after that will just be more icing on this delicious cake!

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"the bunnyhood can be used on Adult Link"

But wasn't the bunny hood completely cosmetic in oot?
It works like MM bunnyhood for young and adult link now!

Apart from the, well, outdated graphics...yeah, pretty much.

Plz add OoT3D graphics!
I believe someone is working on that at the moment. Would be great to see it implemented in the future!

Reactions: relauby

asian_k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Could anyone explain to me how to run this on macOS? I have the m1 MBP and got the Oot.otr file. I downloaded the latest version of the ship from the discord, but when I try to start it nothing happens

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, you can play to completion Zelda oot on PC with properly enhanced graphics? Not sure I was aware but when the time comes to replay oot that's how I'd like to do it if it's got everything the original has with no added glitches

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, you can play to completion Zelda oot on PC with properly enhanced graphics? Not sure I was aware but when the time comes to replay oot that's how I'd like to do it if it's got everything the original has with no added glitches
They reverse engineered the source code so you can now play oot native on PC, and it's actually got less glitches because they patched em

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://youtu.be/N8pbnjvypQ0?feature=shared&t=958