Ocarina Codes For WW/VC

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by KevinPatrickConn, Oct 3, 2012.

Oct 3, 2012
  1. KevinPatrickConn
    OP

Newcomer KevinPatrickConn Member

United States
    Ok, So now almost all my issues are solved but there is one weird thing I can't seem to figure out yet. I like using ocarina codes for my Zelda games. I especially like the removal of the Z/L targeting black lines and the muting of the low hearts beeps as those should be options to begin with anyways. :) So here is my issue. I can't get any of the ocarina codes to load for the WW/VC games I have. I am using my 32GB SDHC for EmuNAND and that's just great seeing as only a few games like Majora's Mask work fine and those just get installed to RealNAND. I have tried moving the ocarina directories to the SD card and even the root hoping that would do the trick like it did for my GameCube games(GCT being on the same partition/Device as ISO) but no go. They just won't activate. After this one issue I think you guys would have held my hand through all the issues I can even really think of right now. :)

Again thanks in advance for all the help

Kevin

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I suppose you are using a USB loader to launch them from EmuNAND?
    Which loader?

You are also saying that you are placing "working games" on real NAND, I guess you wanted to say "Games not working on EmuNAND".

3. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Ocarina codes for wiiware and virtual console are some complicated thing, I just recently fixed it in wiiflow. Also, not all virtual console games work from emulated nand, for example majoras mask doesnt work using d2x as cIOS, there you need to use mighty channels and waninkoko r17.

4. KevinPatrickConn
    OP

United States
    For one, Yes I am Using USBLOADERGX to load from Emunand any games that do work and using Realnand to load those like Majora's mask that do not work on Emunand.

Two, mighty channels? I looked it up and I guess it's a channel loader? It also seems to want a specific Cios and I really do have my CIOS and the whole DIOS MIOS finally squared up so I really don't want to mess with the config. Also, if i can'y use one loader for everything I would rather use no codes at all than have to use any other loaders than one.

Wiiflow works for you? I may just try it out. I have it but the EmuNAND wont load up at all. I feel my directory structure is off and am too busy actually playing my Wii to hassle with more configurations. XD

I do however like the idea of having standard console emulators as plugins for WiiFlow but my storage devices just cant keep up with all that, at least my Wii dedicated ones. :) I may very well have to do some fiddling around to see but I REALLY like USBLOADERGX and it's options and interface. When I like something I tend to stick with it even if minor annoyances are found. If anyone has an Idea to get USBLOADERGX Ocarina codes to work for WW/VC let me know, if not I guess I just have to play it the old fashioned way :P

Thanks for the replies guys

Kevin

5. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    In USBLoaderGX, the game I tried as least but I suppose it's the same for all of them, Ocarina doesn't work with EmuNAND Channels :(

Ocarina works only with channels located on real NAND.
    If it doesn't, you may require to change the option in Settings > Loader settings > Channel boot : Content/boot.dol (select one or the other and try the one which work for you).

I'm sorry for the current restriction :(
    I would like to fix Ocarina for EmuNAND, but I don't know how to do it for the moment, I didn't try anything yet.
    If Fix94 said it was tricky but he found a way, I will look what he did and hope I can do the same in GX too.

About mighty channel requiring cIOS rev17:
    you can install Waninkoko cIOS rev17, it will install in BOTH slots 249 and 250.
    Then you will need to reinstall cIOS d2x v8+ (you could install base 56 in slot 250, and base 57 in slot 251 if you really need base 57).
    Then, configure USBLoaderGX to use slot250 by default (or you can use rev17 but you can't use EmuNAND with it, and it works only with WBFS partition for wii games).

Mighty channel will use slot249 (rev17)
    USBLoaderGX will use slot250 (d2x base56)

But it's up to you to decide ;)

6. KevinPatrickConn
    OP

United States
    OK, well thanks a heap for looking into it for me anyways. I guess I could just install my beloved Zelda games to NAND and then use the rest on Emunand but I think that is just too damn much work for me seeing as I really do have a set up that works 97.9% the way I want it to. If you do find a way then please let me know and if not then we can just hope for a later update of USBLOADERGX or other some such to make the changes needed.

As always, I would kiss you if you weren't a man :P

Kevin