1. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Global Moderator

France
    other games are either not using the same memory location for the controller's mapping, or not even using the same controler's library and SDK version.
    one cheat for one game region can't work for another game region as is, it will need memory addresses re-allocation.

So, if you found a gameconfig for PAL, you can't edit the titleID to make it work on USA, unless you are sure the patch works for both version.
    Gameconfig accepts wildcard [SMN?01] for example. the "?" replace one character, and allows all region to share the same batch of codes, but only if these games have the same layout and memory addresses.

did you find other gameconfigs ?
    the kirby patch (from Crediar) is for NTSC-U only. [SUKE01]
    you have the ones for donkey and mario ?

Note that gameconfig is only a different way to patch cheats, and an Ocarina cheatcode can do the same than gameconfig format, both patching the same things but written differently.
    so, either the cheat developer made a gameconfig, or an ocarina version, or both.
    if you have gameconfig which are not easy to find, please share them :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  2. Waveracer

Waveracer GBAtemp Regular

No, Kirby's Return to Dream Land is the only NTSC game that I have but Donkey Kong Country Returns and New Super Mario Bros. Wii are both PAL games.

Yes, on the other thread I shared my findings about Kirby's Return to Dream Land (NTSC) because it is not as easy as it seems. I'll paste them below. I still haven't found a solution for Donkey Kong Country Returns (PAL) and New Super Mario Bros. Wii (PAL) so I can't use the classic controller playing those two.

To use the classic controller on Kirby's Return to Dream Land (NTSC):

3. alexzander345

alexzander345 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    the guide doesn't work with new windows computer and plus the guide goes from step 4 to step six . . . where is step five . . . that's what is confusing me. I downloaded this and i follow all the steps and still it doesn't work for my Wii . . .

4. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

United States
    i been getting an error. not a valid wii application. Yes my hacked wii is hacked up to date. Is ocarina no longer working with the newest patched IOSes?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    I dunno, but you can use Gecko OS instead, it should be more up to date. And there is also a code downloader to download codes and generate the .gct files on the Wii so you don't have to mess around on a PC.
    https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Code_Downloader (only downloads the .txt, needs a separate app to create the .gct)
    MegaCodeDownloader does both in one app but is not working anymore.
    https://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiLauncher (works as GeckoOS but with cheat downloading and management built in, this might be a better option)
    I have not tested if these still work.
    Most USB loaders these days also have cheat downloading and management built in. USB Loader GX and WiiFlow Lite both have this feature and are capable of loading discs so that might be a good option. And they for sure still work properly.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    ChibiMofo and chartube12 like this.
  6. HylianBran

HylianBran Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks, before this I didn't even know what Ocarina codes are. I don't have a Action Replay for GCN, so I think I might use this as a substitute.

banjo2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Ocarina, Cheats, Guide