Ocarina 3d Easter Eggs/bugs

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Weaselpipe, Jun 27, 2011.

Jun 27, 2011
  1. Weaselpipe
    OP

Member Weaselpipe Erratic Temp user

United Kingdom
    Firstly, sorry to start yet ANOTHER OoT3d thread, and doubly sorry if this is already doing the rounds in another thread. The ONM-UK site today reported that Nintendo demanded the glitches be kept in from the original- apparently people have skipped the child dungeons and done Jabu Jabu as an adult.

Has anyone here found any? They claim that the 'really unacceptable' ones are gone, but they like that people can exploit them to progress.

I found a hidden easter egg in Gerudo's fortress in the form of a skyward sword poster- it is behind 2 crates low on the wall in one of the first rooms (the one with 2 Gerudo and a dining table). Are there any more of these in the game? And how do I screencap it?!

2. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
  3. Demonstryde

Member Demonstryde GBAtemp Fan

United States
    in the origonal you could catch somethin with the jar and pause right before he holds it up and switch out the bottle for like a deku nut and then unpause and you have an extra bottle. this one has been taken out.

4. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    THAT is because it was a game breaking bug. [​IMG]

You could literally fill your ENTIRE inventory with bottles, making it impossible to progress (since you couldn't use the Ocarina, Bombs, etc. you get the idea).

(By the way, this is the ULTIMATE was to troll your friend who are playing on N64. [​IMG])

5. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    Not entirely.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crGCeyoir7s[/youtube]

I still think this should be kept in the official thread.

6. Demonstryde

Member Demonstryde GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i followed your link to the OT but this one seems to be precicely what i am talking about and would search for... the OT has like a million pages on everything about the game....this thread is about the buggs and easter eggs. keep it here, where it makes sense and is easily followable.

7. Weaselpipe
    OP

United Kingdom
    That's why I started it- things can get easily lost in the official thread, and I wanted to see if anyone else had found the skyward sword poster...

8. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    does anyone know if the swimming on land glitch is still present? (haven't had time to play much so i'm still in the great deku tree [​IMG])

9. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i saw a video of it on youtube but i can't seem to find it again, i was going to post it here, it can be done though 100%

if you want to see more glitches for OOT 3d check out this guys profile on yt here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Greenalink

he has pretty much covered most of them.

10. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i find this very strange because in links awakening on the original gameboy there was a glitch to walk into walls and stuff, that glitch was removed in the DX version, why have nintendo kept the glitches in OOT 3d is very strange, it's not like them.

also i have noticed that there is a lot of posters on the walls that weren't in the original oot, i haven't seen the skyward poster yet though.

11. Weaselpipe
    OP

United Kingdom
    The LA glitch was quite easy to find and made it almost too easy, whereas the OoT glitches you have to work quite hard at- and I guess Nintendo enjoy the fact that the very existence of these bugs means that 13 years on people still attempt speed runs and 3-heart challenges.

It's nice to see all the posters with less blocky graphics

12. Seaking

Member Seaking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    got a new glitch some of you guys may not know about...that makes the master sword useless as an adult!

go and make kid link have the master sword (you look it up yourself) exit the forest and do the other two places first, go back and get the green gem and go become adult link. CONGRATS now after you leave castle town you cant use the sword!

also after getting epona you can use any item on her.

uploading video to youtube now, will post it after.

Edit: its still being processed but its uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIqlxITnyPY

also, adding onto that, found a way to use my sword again! but can not use items on Epona...uploading video at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhMrqxqaK2o

Edit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRA3CgwAUgA
    Archery Range Early! (if you did the same thing i have been doing...)

13. nikkuchan

Member nikkuchan GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    The developers of the 3DS version wanted to keep the experience as close to the original as possible, and they intentionally tried to preserve the bugs as well. Some of the game-breaking or game-changing bugs were removed at Nintendo's insistence, but the minor ones were allowed to stay.

14. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Speculation is not fact, unless you have a source.

I'd say it's just as likely that OoT3D isn't truly a remake and that it's actually much more of a very enhanced port. The difference? Remakes generally don't reuse any code or very little of it. Ports use largely the same code base with any enhancements/additions/changes they wanted to do.

Unless Grecco or Nintendo come right out and say it, we're not likely to know anytime soon. That said, if they ARE based on the same code, once we have 3DS hacked and accessible, it would be possible to tell by disassembling the game files (or even just taking a peak at how both games process models and animation would be a good indicator and since that's all 100% deconstructed already in the N64 oot it would be something suitably complex to compare)

15. Weaselpipe
    OP

United Kingdom