Obscurity in Games

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Cornish, Sep 12, 2009.

Sep 12, 2009

Obscurity in Games by Cornish at 10:30 AM (988 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Cornish
    OP

Newcomer Cornish Newbie

United Kingdom
    There were a lot of weird, weird (usually Japanese) GBA games back when they were still being released. I recently bought the game Rhythm Tengoku, the prequel to the now very much heard of Rhythm Heaven/Paradise/Tengoku Gold, and found it was very interesting. It was a minigame compilation of epic proportions, not-so in terms of size but rather in terms of strangeness. The games were funny, interesting, and quite hilarious if you were playing with a friend nearby to help you mess up. Or maybe that was just me. Or maybe I'm just that bad.

But the thing that really stuck out was the undoubtable uniqueness of the minigames. The music all fit in excellently to the obscurity as well, which isn't something done that well often.

So I was wondering. Have you heard of any really strange GBA games? I was planning on starting a collection, but it really depends on the amount. And if not, I can always turn to the majority of Japanese GBA games. You know what I'm talking about.

2. hyparx

Newcomer hyparx Member

United States
    That one kury kurrikurrrikin ( or something to that effect ) was a decent game.
    It had a Japan and Europe release, but I'm not sure about a US one.

You play as a rotating pole-plane-thing going down a hallway... quite strange

3. referencer

Member referencer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That would be Kuru Kuru Kururin.