O3DS XL, can I hardmod?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Pekempy, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Pekempy
    OP

Pekempy Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Took my O3DS XL apart to hardmod, looks like previous owner already hardmodded/tried to.
    Bought it on eBay and it was 11.2

LARGE PCB IMAGE

Looks like CLK has no contact and CMD has some solder left on it.

(I don't have any of the 4 DSiWare titles)
    1. Is a hardmod still possible?
    2. If not, is my only way to downgrade from 11.2 to system transfer from a CFW 2/3DS?

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    1. if your very good at soldering you could try scraping the epoxy away and soldering to the remnants of the clk trace, I have done one like that where the previous owner had ripped the pads already, but it's definitely not for the soldering beginner as the trace is really small

2. yeah the alternative is system transferring from a already hacked 3ds

3. Pekempy
    OP

Pekempy Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    I've done a bit of soldering, but not extensively, and recently moved to London and don't know anyone, much less anyone with a CFW 3DS

Might be looking at sending it off to get a hardmod then. I wouldn't want to risk messing it up and bricking my 3DS

4. jamsplodge

jamsplodge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    Did you try putting Luma3DS on the SD card just in case it already has A9LH installed? Somebody has tried hacking it at some point in the past so it's a possibility.

5. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    Ahh London hey, I might do the hardmod for you providing you pay for Postage&Package and parts , it's like £10 lol, or if you're close drop it off to my house, also doesn't the O3ds have a ALT CLK?

Last edited by TariqSoftDev, Dec 31, 2016
  6. Pekempy
    OP

Pekempy Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Drop me a message, might be able to drop it by. I can't message you as I'm a new user