o3ds thin pads under circle pad

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Durig, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Durig
    OP

Durig OMGWTFBBQ

Jul 27, 2015
    Bolivia
    recently got in issue with this little bastards
    ifixit example

all start with funky working circle pad, after disassembling 3ds found out that
    one of them ( the white one ;D ) got stuck on circle pad mechanism and get
    deformed a little ( not so seen in the photo because i stretched it a little already)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

any chance i cant get them somewhere? or repair my deformed white pad? ( already tried to heat it up a little with
    hairdryer and put it under big weight - i leave it for 24h so results unknown atm)

everything i can find is: buttons or circle pad itself

ps i presume it is dust\little particles defender
    ppss as alternative i have circle pad pro (CPP) ( and afik they are share same mechanism) - so if i put one from CPP to 3ds and left CPP just with black one it will be ok? (i usually dont go outside with CPP so dust\particles not a problem if i get functions of thin white pad right)

2. Potato hoarder

Potato hoarder Hoarder of Potatoes

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    I have two of those little bastards laying around. Can't do anything with them though :.(
    If I could simply hand it to you, I would but that's not how the internet works, is it. I don't think anyone sells those by themselves though.

Durig likes this.
  3. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    The only (overkill) solution is to buy a faulty 3DS and gut everything for that part and then sell it back again on ebay. I've ordered 3DS CPP sticks from China and they DON'T come with those circle material at all.

Durig likes this.
  4. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    I don't think those are necessary for anything, if you don't mind not having one. It should just be for a small amount of dust protection and possibly for smoothing the movement a bit.

Durig and SmileCitrus like this.
  5. Durig
    OP

Durig OMGWTFBBQ

Jul 27, 2015
    Bolivia
    no problem mate ;) thx for the reply anyway

yeah, exactly my thoughts ( about spare-3ds)
    but i think that it is not worth it

read all the comments and it is easy to buy another circle pad mechanism or button in the future than get a headache with this pads
    thx everybody for reply

6. Noelemahc

Noelemahc GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Pretty sure you can buy these circles on AliExpress by the boxload. Now buying just one, that's gonna be an issue.
    Example:
    http://s.aliexpress.com/jAb6NrEn
    (not sure if colour matters)

Ryccardo and Durig like this.