Hardware O3DS shuts down instantly when power button pushed.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know why? I dont know if its a hardware malfunction or software.

My console is on 10.7 firmware and is about 5 years old. Anyone else had the same/similar problems?
Edit: it seems people are asking me the same questions. To clarify, I dont have a9lh or CFW installed. Please watch the video here to see what the issue actually is.

Last edited by TheDarkGreninja,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have a9lh installed then that means either you do not have an sd card inserted or the system can't find an arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of the sd card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nope, im planning on downgrading it though.
o boi, then I have no clue.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like a bad day in brick land, but the only reason i could see that happening is A9HL related issue. you say you havent installed A9HL but maybe someone snuck in your house and installed it for you XD, you might as well try just for the hell of it to put the A9HL file in the root just to check. worse case is a Hard brick. Medium case bad battery.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sound like my old old3DS :P Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the battery? And probably bending the pins a bit outwards? Did you drop it, or it just happened randomly?

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
odd that a brick would cause that to happen. I once bricked my o3ds, and the power light would come on (the system wouldn't shut down). I managed to fix it with a very old nand backup though. that's when I was going through the a9lh guide several months ago.

anyway, I'd pm the member I mentioned. he has 100% positive feedback, so that should say something about the quality of his work. good luck.

edit: I just realized u were in Britain. I think the member is from the U.S.

Last edited by veraci_00,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
odd that a brick would cause that to happen. I once bricked my o3ds, and the power light would come on (the system wouldn't shut down). I managed to fix it with a very old nand backup though. that's when I was going through the a9lh guide several months ago.

anyway, I'd pm the member I mentioned. he has 100% positive feedback, so that should say something about the quality of his work. good luck.
Which member is he.

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he has the same name as the one on ebay. not sure if he does international stuff, but there's probably someone in Britain who could fix his system. I'd suggest looking on ebay and basing quality on feedback.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think he has the same name as the one on ebay. not sure if he does international stuff, but there's probably someone in Britain who could fix his system. I'd suggest looking on ebay and basing quality on feedback.
So @testerfan ?
And yeah OP would want a british person to help (And so would I :o)

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol i dont think you guys understand, it turns off instantly after ive already turned it on, meaning it bypasses the shut down screen. Also, i cant open the back panel since i accidentally stripped a screw. Ill make a video and take a few pictures.

Last edited by TheDarkGreninja,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That popping is a short. Since it happens only when pressing the power button I'd start your investigation around that part of the board. As for the stripped screw there are ways to get it off. Though you may need a drill....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.