Hardware O3DS shuts down instantly when power button pushed.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you got the cover plate off already, and can see the battery, be careful of the screws back there. They tend to get stuck, and strip very easy, it's like Nintendo over drilled them on. If you cannot unscrew them easily, I suggest using some WD-40, and it'll help get them out easily without stripping them.
Thanks for the advice. Also if i did short circuit something that is used to turn off my 3ds, what is your guess of what it might be?

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah while instant shutdown sounds convenient, it's bad in the long run. The possible hardware failure resulting from it aside, it can also corrupt SD/NAND because it doesn't shutdown properly. Much like force powering off a computer while it's in the middle of writing something. Eventually you'll catch it in the middle of a write operation and ***t will hit the fan real fast. Better get that fixed!

TheDarkGreninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah while instant shutdown sounds convenient, it's bad in the long run. The possible hardware failure resulting from it aside, it can also corrupt SD/NAND because it doesn't shutdown properly. Much like force powering off a computer while it's in the middle of writing something. Eventually you'll catch it in the middle of a write operation and ***t will hit the fan real fast. Better get that fixed!
Im not gonna turn it on till i do.

TheDarkGreninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was reading up on a ifixit page and it said to use epoxy glue to open a stripped screw on a 3ds. is it actually safe? since they say its a one time thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg