o3DS random blinking black screen. Normal backlight. Sound working normaly

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by SolidZero, Mar 15, 2017.

1. SolidZero
    OP

SolidZero Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    Brazil
    So, as the title says, I have an o3DS with the following problem:
    It's screens goes randomly black, BOTH of them, at the same time. Sometimes for a second, sometimes for like..10 seconds or more, but the backlight keep turned on.
    It boots normaly since I can hear the menu/game sounds. No poping sounds. The sound is 100% normal.

I have A9LH + Luma 6.6 installed and updated. CFW on 11.3.0-36

Well, my first guess was loose screen ribbons, but I opened the case, reinserted the ribbons, and the problem continued.

So, I wonder:
    Since both screens are flashing toguether, it is kinda inprobable that both ribbons got problematic toguether at the same time.

May it be a software problem? Even when I boot direcly to Luma menu(pressing select on startup) it still blink sometimes. Both with, and without SD card.

Or maybe a power supply problem?(I don't even know if the screens have one).
    Two more things:
    -I updated both A9LH and Luma yesterday. Both using they official guides. And then, I updated to 11.3.0-36. The problem didn't start immediately. I hapened the first time while I was playing. After that, it just randomly blinks/blackout, and after some time, it comes back.

- I recently changed its SD-Reader. Is there something next to it that could have caused that? I haven't touched anything besides it until I re-opened the case today to check the ribbons.

Hope I can find somethign here guyz. Thx

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Sakura思い

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice