Sublim21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I own an old 3ds on 10.5 firmware. And well, after realizing that the 3ds is basically at the end of its life cycle, i figured i'd go ahead and well, 'open her up'.

So i followed the guide on 3ds hacks guide com (or whatever), and everything went incredibly smooth. I've been to setup my 3ds now such that it has all the games that i own, which i honestly gotta say, is a good feeling.

with that said, i was wondering if someone could help me out with some basic questions.

Question 1
for nds - i tried twloader and found it to be barely marginal. after research, it appears that the most recommended method for running nds on a 3ds, is with a flashcard,and the 'best choice' or most recommended choice is the 4ri gold plus. is this correct? or should i be looking at another method / card?

Question2
for all of my physical games, how can i 'rescue' the save files off the carts? it seems like the recommended method is through 'god mode', but if there's another method please advise.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I've found the wealth of knowledge on this forum invaluable in accomplishing this little feat on the 3ds, and i look forward to your responses.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey all,

I own an old 3ds on 10.5 firmware. And well, after realizing that the 3ds is basically at the end of its life cycle, i figured i'd go ahead and well, 'open her up'.

So i followed the guide on 3ds hacks guide com (or whatever), and everything went incredibly smooth. I've been to setup my 3ds now such that it has all the games that i own, which i honestly gotta say, is a good feeling.

with that said, i was wondering if someone could help me out with some basic questions.

Question 1
for nds - i tried twloader and found it to be barely marginal. after research, it appears that the most recommended method for running nds on a 3ds, is with a flashcard,and the 'best choice' or most recommended choice is the 4ri gold plus. is this correct? or should i be looking at another method / card?

Question2
for all of my physical games, how can i 'rescue' the save files off the carts? it seems like the recommended method is through 'god mode', but if there's another method please advise.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I've found the wealth of knowledge on this forum invaluable in accomplishing this little feat on the 3ds, and i look forward to your responses.
  1. Any card will do, if it can use Wood and doesn't have a timebomb that's better
  2. Use JKSM or Checkpoint

Sublim21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Any card will do, if it can use Wood and doesn't have a timebomb that's better

well jeez, that was a quick reply.

1. I remember reading somewhere how certain flashcards have compatibility problems with certain nds games ( I'd supply the link, but i forgot to save it when researching this topic and i cant seem to find it now). i do have an old cyclods evolution card, but at this point, that damn thing is married to the original ds, so i'd really like to get a new one.

2. I don't know what either JKSM or Checkpoint is, but im gonna go research it now. any preference on which one to use? or anything a 'new guy' should know when using these programs? (i'm concerned about somehow destroying the original cart and or save).

thanks for the reply. it's appreciated.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
well jeez, that was a quick reply.

1. I remember reading somewhere how certain flashcards have compatibility problems with certain nds games ( I'd supply the link, but i forgot to save it when researching this topic and i cant seem to find it now). i do have an old cyclods evolution card, but at this point, that damn thing is married to the original ds, so i'd really like to get a new one.

2. I don't know what either JKSM or Checkpoint is, but im gonna go research it now. any preference on which one to use? or anything a 'new guy' should know when using these programs? (i'm concerned about somehow destroying the original cart and or save).

thanks for the reply. it's appreciated.
If you're going to buy a new DS flashcart then look at the links in the OP of the Noob Paradise thread for a recommended one. Your cyclods card should work if you have CFW.

JKSM and Checkpoint are save managers, I think the guide has you get Checkpoint (open download play and look in the homebrew menu). I prefer JKSM because I'm used to it and it has been around forever but Checkpoint does the same thing just with a nicer gui.

Sublim21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

...yep. checkpoint was exactly what i was looking for. seems simple and straight forward, im gonna go install it, and test out a 'sacrificial' cartridge before attempting it on a cartridge i care about.

Sublim21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya,

So i tried out checkpoint, and yep, it worked perfectly. was able to download all of my saves for my 3ds games, and now i have them all backed up and it feels good. thanks for the help.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn