O3DS 9.5.0-22U Hack

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by snappycg1996, Jan 27, 2016.

1. snappycg1996
    OP

snappycg1996 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2012
    United States
    I feel like a complete idiot. I've looked many times on various sites and searched all over on how to install the homebrew launcher on this firmware. My problem? The firmware is nearly a year old, and any info I find is a year old, no one found a hack back then, yet newer firmwares are hacked, so surely there is one for this.

I tried installing browserhax, got everything on my SD card properly, scanned the QR image and it takes me to a blank webpage with a bar at the top. Okay, fair enough. I go to the browser on my 3DS and go back to the site and click the standalone link. Same thing. Sometimes the browser will crash.

What am I doing wrong?? Does browserhax just not work for this order firmware? Is there another method of installing the homebrew launcher?

Back in the PSP days you could install an update manually. What I mean is, if you're on 5.0 and the latest is 5.5, you could download 5.4 and update to it. Can I not update to a newer (but not latest obviously) firmware to make these hacks work? I'm aware browserhax works on latest 10.5, but what I wanted to do required an earlier firmware so updating all the way is out of the question.

As I said, I've searched and since its an old firmware, I only found old information, and it says on the wiki browserhax works for this firmware. I have an old 3DS and tried both new and old 3DS methods but to no avail of getting the homebrew launcher.

I feel like an idiot. Any help would be appreciated. A lot.

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    You are supposed to click on that bar for browserhax to launch.

3. snappycg1996
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2012
    United States
    When I click it, it says "an error has occurred". Any suggestions? Thanks for the help. I really do feel dumb now.

EDIT: I " Initialize Save Data" and tried it again. This time it showed a yellow screen, then blue, then orange and crashed again. Is this normal?

Last edited by snappycg1996, Jan 27, 2016
  4. dontay0100

dontay0100 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2007
    United States
    Yes... Try again but this time when you click the bar.. Press A as well until it works

5. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    Keep trying till you get in then install menuhax and or downgrade if you like.

6. snappycg1996
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2012
    United States
    Thank you both. I kept mashing A and it worked. I really feel dumb. Thank you all so much for your help, I appreciate it immensely. :)

Blue_Mew and dontay0100 like this.
  7. dontay0100

dontay0100 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2007
    United States
    No problem!!