OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Hungary
A homebrew port of Transmission 2.94 for Nintendo Switch with a very basic console UI. Torrents can be added/managed by a web browser remotely, or with something like Transdroid.

nxtransmission.jpg
Install
Extract the latest release zip to the /switch folder on your sdcard. Skip the settings.json if you don't want to revert to the release defaults.

exFAT support
This was tested only with the FAT32 file-system. Using exFAT could lead to DATA CORRUPTION, especially if nxTransmission crashes.

FAT32 limit
FAT32 has a file size limit of 4GB, files bigger than this limit are split automatically to a folder matching the original file name, and the file concatenation attribute is applied to the folder when the torrent fully completes.

GitHub
https://github.com/t-flo/nxTransmission

Screenshot
The web UI looks like in a browser just like for other Transmission versions.
screenshot.jpg

Last edited by t-flo,

t-flo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Hungary
This is in early stage, comments, feedback about download speed are welcome.
So far this was only tested on one device, running 9.0.1 with Atmosphere 0.9.4.

Yakov123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah this is actually super cool, nice work! I'll use this when my switch comes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What does the UI look like?

t-flo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Created new release with possibility to download torrents sequentially. It might help with the speed of writing the sdcard, testing is needed to confirm this.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
cool to see, but i personally wouldn't really want to leave my switch on just to download things.
but for strange situations and emergencies, i am sure it can be useful!
thanks for the work

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Great work nice idea but I don’t understand why have a torrent client on your switch? What’s the benefit of that does it download example a mkv video file so you can use with pplay I’m not sure how it would even work. If it’s a client that downloads files on to your sd card and you have to transfer to another device I don’t see the point, not been negative just realistic.

Last edited by Reecey,

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work nice idea but I don’t understand why have a torrent client on your switch? What’s the benefit of that does it download example a mkv video file so you can use with pplay I’m not sure how it would even work. If it’s a client that downloads files on to your sd card and you have to transfer to another device I don’t see the point, not been negative just realistic.

Another one of those: “if I don’t see any use for this project, obviously no one else will.” posts. This project is in development and will lead to several enhancements for home-brew projects.

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another one of those: “if I don’t see any use for this project, obviously no one else will.” posts. This project is in development and will lead to several enhancements for home-brew projects.

Where did they state, that there is no use for this project? They just state, that they can't think of a use case. You're just projecting hostility into the post.

t-flo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Can be used to get files to your switch, whatever your reasons are. Similarly to an ftp server. And sure, for example you can play an mkv file you downloaded with it. Even if it is bigger than 4GB and you have fat32, as it will be split automatically.:)

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.