Homebrew WIP nxmtp: access your SD Card over USB without rebooting

  • Thread starter Thread starter liuervehc
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 348,751
  • Replies Replies 499
  • Likes Likes 86
But this is not open source tool...

I just downloaded this tool. And I see it lists a source code file on the github. Now, I didn't actually check the file as I wouldn't understand anything of it anyway. I'm guessing "open source" == source code available for reading?

If so, it is quite open source. If I can trust the date on github, the most current release (with source) is from Dec 21, 2020. (https://github.com/liuervehc/nxmtp/releases/tag/v0.1.5)


Please ignore the above post. The "source code zip" quite clearly contains only a README file.

Would anyone mind recompiling it for FW 13+ and newest Atmosphère? @cucholix maybe?
I'm aware of DBI and using and loving it but for like real quick access with very few steps I still like nxmtp.

I'll admit that I haven't read all the previous posts. But are you asking for the nxmtp tool to be recompiled?

The version in the link I listed above worked like a charm on eMMC fw 13.2.0, running atm 1.2.5 with hekate 5.6.5.
 
Last edited by Pokepicker,
I just downloaded this tool. And I see it lists a source code file on the github. Now, I didn't actually check the file as I wouldn't understand anything of it anyway. I'm guessing "open source" == source code available for reading?

If so, it is quite open source. If I can trust the date on github, the most current release (with source) is from Dec 21, 2020. (https://github.com/liuervehc/nxmtp/releases/tag/v0.1.5)
Check zip insides lazy dum dum.
Even you will understand what's there.
 
Is there any up-to-date alternative to NXMTP that allows you to access, copy, move your files without turning off the Switch?
 
The tinfoil MTP USED TO be kind fo fucky, only showing inside the tinfoil folder or only inside the switch folder forever ago. Now it shows everything and does work ok.
It's been working great for a long time. Install and dump games,access SD and NAND.. NXmtp and Mtp-server-Nx have been broken for a long time. One is slow and one is not functional. Plus NXmtp is closed source. The UMS function in Hekate works...

Tinfoil's MTP works great. Use it often. Never an issue.
 
It's been working great for a long time. Install and dump games,access SD and NAND.. NXmtp and Mtp-server-Nx have been broken for a long time. One is slow and one is not functional. Plus NXmtp is closed source. The UMS function in Hekate works...

Tinfoil's MTP works great. Use it often. Never an issue.
Yeah I think this is going to be my solution for the time being. That or FTP homebrew if I don't want to cable it
 
OK, no worries - I have alternative code to check out. I was thinking about adding this to tinwoo that's all.
If you talking about mtp-server-nx, forget it. Awful code. Very slow, with huge amount of bugs and unimplemented features.

You can look at AOSP 11+
 

Site & Scene News