NXMP Nintendo Switch Media Player

nxmp-banner.jpg

NXMP is an open-source Nintendo Switch media player based on MPV and FFMPEG, supporting a wide range of media file formats and codecs.
NXMP is coded by @proconsule54 and @darkxex

It support HTTP,FTP,SFTP,Samba,NFS streaming and it also support Enigma2 decoders. Starting from 0.7.0 Version it features HW Decoding for H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2 up to 4K HDR@30fps

NXMP it's on early versions and active dev state so expect any kind of bugs, anyways it's fully functional and tested before every release

Project repository|Stable Build
Stable: v0.9.0

Features:
  • HW Decoding (since v0.7.0) for (H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2)
  • Extense support of media file formats and codecs, including audio too as well​
  • Touch and controller support, control the MP as you want​
  • Video deinterlace support
  • Advanced image settings, configure the brightness and color options, change aspect ratio and rotate the screen​
  • Custom subtitles, you can configure options like color, text size and position to your preferences​
  • Full sound EQ, allow adjust the sound equalizer to your preferences, you can define presets too​
  • Chapters navigator with titles support​
  • Selector of Video/Audio/Subtitle tracks during play​
  • Playlist queue, allow to enque desired files on a playlist for non-stop play​
  • Resume play, you can continue your videos where you previusly stop it​
  • Watch status, watched videos are marked as green on file explorer​
  • Shadermania, you can apply any shader compatible with MPV to NXMP​

Media sources supported:
  • Nintendo Switch SD Card
  • USB drive attached to dock or Switch with USB C adapter (FAT, NTFS and EXT4, up to 32 drives)
  • HTTP/S files through network
  • FTP and SFTP files
  • Samba (SMB) files shared throught network
  • NFS
  • Enigma2 (allow to view TV channel from satellite decoders compatible with this protocol)

Screenshoots:

2021110300034400.jpg2021110300031500.jpg2021110300032100.jpg2021110300023000.jpg

Post here any kind of bug/suggestions.
Enjoy!

Thanks to libusbhsfs https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs for USB drives support
Thanks to @averne for HW Decoding FFMpeg! and for many many hints
Thanks to @bodyXY for the banner and the icons!
Thanks to @Godorowski for player UI design and releated icons
Thanks to @Chocola for beta testing a player guide

Last edited by proconsule54,

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Awesome work! 0.7.0 will remember the videos that you have already seen/were in the middle of from the previous versions right? and will you make a version of it that can be started from the main switch menu? Thanks :).
Resume can be enabled on settings (is disabled by default) a forwarder will be out as soon as i made official release

Reactions: FFTW and ber71

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
The USB works again. One thing I noticed was that when you run a big file (like a 4K or ultra HD movie) from USB, the console totally crashes. Of course I know that the Switch can't run 4K media, but with the previous nxmp version, whenever one started such files, they ran but with total stutter, but in this one, the console completely freezes. I don't know if that info is of any help, I just made some tests for the sake of it.

Going to the normal and intended use, it works pretty good and the videos are looking great.

If I find any kind of info, I will let you know.

Thank you for your work and your time, man.

Reactions: proconsule54

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes 4k hdr may lead to problems on my implementation of the ffmpeg with hw decoding. The library itself can do hdr 4k at insane fps but since i do stuff in opengl there are limits.
Post automatically merged:

Any other test result? Dont be shy…

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resume can be enabled on settings (is disabled by default) a forwarder will be out as soon as i made official release
Thanks, but I meant the old resumes. I have been using this for awhile and have a lot of videos that I finished or stopped in the middle of, so I just wanted to make sure that the new version will carry over and keep these old resumes and not start everything from the beginning. Backwards Compatibility with the resumes if you will.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Yes 4k hdr may lead to problems on my implementation of the ffmpeg with hw decoding. The library itself can do hdr 4k at insane fps but since i do stuff in opengl there are limits.

Any other test result? Dont be shy…
Does that mean 1080p videos should be no problem when watching videos on tv? I will test the beta because i use this media player A LOT! No joke. I have a few video files that are 1080p hevc (codec x265 i guess?). I mean, i can watch them even on older versions. But sometimes there are a few stutters and very short "datamosh" artifcats visible on-screen.

Reactions: FFTW

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Does that mean 1080p videos should be no problem when watching videos on tv? I will test the beta because i use this media player A LOT! No joke. I have a few video files that are 1080p hevc (codec x265 i guess?). I mean, i can watch them even on older versions. But sometimes there are a few stutters and very short "datamosh" artifcats visible on-screen.
Go and try it. I know exactly what you mean but I can tell you that I have tried the beta with three or four 1080p videos and that issue is a thing of the past, at least on the ones that I tried. I will try some more today.

• Love
Reactions: FFTW and BaamAlex

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Go and try it. I know exactly what you mean but I can tell you that I have tried the beta with three or four 1080p videos and that issue is a thing of the past, at least on the ones that I tried. I will try some more today.
Thanks for your fast response. I'll try it tomorrow. I love this player!

I can't get this version to work. Every time i try to load a video, the console freezes completely.

Last edited by BaamAlex,

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I can't get this version to work. Every time i try to load a video, the console freezes completely.
This version works better in non applet mode. Also 4k and HDR have some issue right now.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Had an issue where the video was covering the whole screen in docked mode. Picture was displayed from the bottom left of the screen.
Can you make a image of that issue pls?

I know that will be issue so before a stable release i want to deep test. Too manu changes , ffmpeg , mpv on top..

averne

Trophies
XP
Country
France

10-bit hevc is not supported for the time being and will result in a freeze. Check your file but I'm almost certain it's the reason.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try disable hw decoding in settings, restart app ad see if decodes.

The cons of hw decoding is that non standard file or not expected depth can lead to problems, but the pro is that he decoding is f*** fast, and the implementation of @averne is so good if used in the right way, i am still fighting with mpv to make things be stable and any feedback is important

Djakku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, please see the attached screenshot.
I managed to reproduce the issue:
When the app is started from handheld then put on dock, this happens.
When i quit the app and close the title, then reopen and launch it, it worked fine.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20230826_131328.jpg
    20230826_131328.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 22

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...