OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I think so? I tried to import a .wav file to Audacity, but it said to try importing it as raw data.
Odds are they're not actually RIFF-encoded WAVs, then. They just happen to use the .wav extension. This is what I meant when I said file extensions don't really mean anything at all.

Try to transcode them using vgmstream.

Last edited by DarkMatterCore,

Anonymous42456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odds are they're not actually RIFF-encoded WAVs, then. They just happen to use the .wav extension. This is what I meant when I said file extensions don't really mean anything at all.

Try to transcode them using vgmstream.
Do I need to dump the full game first before using the soundtrack?

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever I try to dump a cartridge with this application, whether it be to a NSP or XCI, it'll finish fine, but when checking the validity it will fail. And when I try to install it using either GoldLeaf of Awoo Installer, it'll error out immediately. I'm using Atmosphere 0.19.5R2 with the latest sigpatches from here https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases
Any idea what the problem is?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Do I need to dump the full game first before using the soundtrack?
What do you mean? You should be able to dump just the audio resources from the game using the RomFS browser.

Whenever I try to dump a cartridge with this application, whether it be to a NSP or XCI, it'll finish fine, but when checking the validity it will fail. And when I try to install it using either GoldLeaf of Awoo Installer, it'll error out immediately. I'm using Atmosphere 0.19.5R2 with the latest sigpatches from here https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases
Any idea what the problem is?
How are you exactly checking the validity? Are you using the latest version? Are you using a FAT32 SD card?

XCI dumps should always pass all validity tests. NSP dumps from gamecards generated at this time won't pass validity checks right off the bat because their NCA headers are modified - this will be addressed in the ongoing rewrite.

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What do you mean? You should be able to dump just the audio resources from the game using the RomFS browser.

How are you exactly checking the validity? Are you using the latest version? Are you using a FAT32 SD card?

XCI dumps should always pass all validity tests. NSP dumps from gamecards generated at this time won't pass validity checks right off the bat because their NCA headers are modified - this will be addressed in the ongoing rewrite.
I'm using the tools built in checker. I tried with both the offline version and online version, with an XCI, and it says it failed verification. Along with that trying to use the XCI with anything results in failure. Trying to install either a dumped NSP or XCI also fails immediately with an fs error. I am on version 1.1.14, with a Fat32 SD Card.

Last edited by PalindromicBreadLoaf,

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I'm using the tools built in checker. I tried with both the offline version and online version, with an XCI, and it says it failed verification. Along with that trying to use the XCI with anything results in failure. Trying to install either a dumped NSP or XCI also fails immediately with an fs error. I am on version 1.1.14, with a Fat32 SD Card.
Odds are you're dealing with an unreported gamecard revision that's not available in either database, which also explains why the XCI verification fails: there really is no match at all. I'd like to verify this myself, so I'll send you a DM in a short while.

NSP verification will always fail for gamecard NSPs, because of multiple reasons:

1. NSP is a format used essentially for digital-based content, not for gamecards.
2. Only No-Intro offers a way to verify digital-based content, not through their full NSP checksum, but rather through their individual NCA checksums (NCAs being the files stored inside every NSP).
3. NSWDB only offers gamecard dump verification.
4. Just like I said before, NSP dumps generated from gamecards at this time hold modified NCA headers, which only contributes to make them impossible to validate.

If anything, I'd say this is related to sigpatches. Odds are you didn't install them properly.

Last edited by DarkMatterCore,

w350922439

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
hello,when i dump a game.
it warning and error like this.
my cfw is 12.1.0 atmosphere 0.19.5.prod.keys is use the 12.1.0 update.
thx for u tools.

Attachments

• 2021082212404500-83F694ADD072A2CFC4056BFDAEA07686.jpg
    2021082212404500-83F694ADD072A2CFC4056BFDAEA07686.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 274

ppap2345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
不确定这是否属于 nxdumptool 问题,因为它似乎只在与 sys-clk 混合时才会出现,所以我想把它贴在这里而不是 github,以防其他人遇到它。

我注意到 sys-clk 和 nxdumptool 无论出于何种原因在我的设置中都表现不佳。
我已经尝试了 sys-clk 的最新版本和最新提交,并且在小程序和标题模式下都收到了“无法初始化 pm:dmnt 服务(0x00000615)”错误。
- 气氛:0.10.1
- 居屋:9.0.1
- nxdumptool:1.1.8

编辑:对于那些想知道我怎么知道它是 sys-clk 的人;我删除了大气/内容中的所有标题文件夹,然后将它们一个一个地添加回来,直到我将范围缩小到 sys-clk。
ProcessMana title

vance003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using NXDumpTool 1.1.14 on Atmosphere 1.2.1 / fw 13.1.0

Lately I've been finding that dumping NSPs of some (but not all) installed games generates the following error:
retrieveNcaTikTitleKey: NCA rights ID unavailable in this console!

I'm told that the game is probably a "pre-installed title," but it was purchased and downloaded like normal from the Nintendo shop. If I proceed with the dump, the generated NSP is still encrypted and hence unplayable (as far as I know).

Can anybody point me to a work-around or solution for this?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I'm using NXDumpTool 1.1.14 on Atmosphere 1.2.1 / fw 13.1.0

Lately I've been finding that dumping NSPs of some (but not all) installed games generates the following error:
retrieveNcaTikTitleKey: NCA rights ID unavailable in this console!

I'm told that the game is probably a "pre-installed title," but it was purchased and downloaded like normal from the Nintendo shop. If I proceed with the dump, the generated NSP is still encrypted and hence unplayable (as far as I know).

Can anybody point me to a work-around or solution for this?
If the game was shared using an account from a different console, you need to launch HBL while overriding the game you wish to dump, and then launch nxdumptool to dump it.

There's no other way around to overcome this limitation - this is because the ticket for the shared game is generated on-the-fly while launching it (which also explains why an Internet connection is required to use it at all).

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you need to unpack romfs, you can use DBI.
I know. It's just I prefer to recommend open source tools first. Currently there is no officially released comprehensive open source tool supporting dumping romfs from sparse titles, so if it will come to this, I will be recommending close source tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters