Homebrew WIP nxdumptool - Nintendo Switch Dump Tool

protivakid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried running the build attached to this post?

You may want to sticky this in the original post (apologies if I missed it). I too was just sitting at "Please Wait" trying both Hekate & SX OS. This linked version is working perfectly. I wouldn't have found it if I gave up and didn't read through 8 pages of comments

Also, feature request. The rips when split have the .xci.01 extension. Neither would work in SX OS until I renamed the files .xc1 . Perhaps an option could be added where the extension name could be selected?

Last edited by protivakid,
Reactions: DarkMatterCore

MisterMue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dumb question: can i dump my mario kart to xci and use it within sx os to play online? Without getting banned immediately i mean.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
You may want to sticky this in the original post (apologies if I missed it). I too was just sitting at "Please Wait" trying both Hekate & SX OS. This linked version is working perfectly. I wouldn't have found it if I gave up and didn't read through 8 pages of comments

Also, feature request. The rips when split have the .xci.01 extension. Neither would work in SX OS until I renamed the files .xc1 . Perhaps an option could be added where the extension name could be selected?

Will do. I have been very busy in the last few weeks because I moved from Venezuela to Spain and there's a lot of paper work I'm trying to take care of.

And sure, no problem. Is the extension for the first part ".xc1"? Or is the numeric index used with the second part onwards?

dumb question: can i dump my mario kart to xci and use it within sx os to play online? Without getting banned immediately i mean.

Yes, you can.

protivakid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do. I have been very busy in the last few weeks because I moved from Venezuela to Spain and there's a lot of paper work I'm trying to take care of.

And sure, no problem. Is the extension for the first part ".xc1"? Or is the numeric index used with the second part onwards?

Sorry for the late reply, I was away on vacation. The files for SX OS need to have the .xc0 .xc1 .xc2 etc. extensions. I've been manually renaming them but an option to have it done by the tool would be great! Again thanks for all of your hard work!

Elfin10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to the scene so forgive me if this comes off as idiotic, but if you dump a cart and return the game, can Nintendo still detect that you don't have the physical cart and ban you when you go online?

What about the opposite? What if I buy a game cart that's been dumped and then go online with that game? Couldn't that cause you to get an immediate ban?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New to the scene so forgive me if this comes off as idiotic, but if you dump a cart and return the game, can Nintendo still detect that you don't have the physical cart and ban you when you go online?

What about the opposite? What if I buy a game cart that's been dumped and then go online with that game? Couldn't that cause you to get an immediate ban?

Yes, and yes.
Also it's a dick move to do, because this could actually get a legit player banned if he's getting said game and playing online with the same cert that your pirated copy uses.
There's some dickheads here who buy games, dump them, then destroy them by short-circuiting the contacts and then return them as defective so no one else can play them. Just wanted to say that before they come around telling you about their super-safe method.

Elfin10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and yes.
Also it's a dick move to do, because this could actually get a legit player banned if he's getting said game and playing online with the same cert that your pirated copy uses.
There's some dickheads here who buy games, dump them, then destroy them by short-circuiting the contacts and then return them as defective so no one else can play them. Just wanted to say that before they come around telling you about their super-safe method.
Sigh... This almost makes me not want to buy a switch... This is so lame...

protivakid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late reply, I was away on vacation. The files for SX OS need to have the .xc0 .xc1 .xc2 etc. extensions. I've been manually renaming them but an option to have it done by the tool would be great! Again thanks for all of your hard work!

Hey, just wondering if you ever got around to updating the tool?

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off I'm using fat32. I understand this can split files but I don't want that as I'm trying to convert my xci files into nsp. So I need them whole. So slightly off topic but can I backup my entire SD card, then format it to exfat, and copy everything back on there or will my switch treat it as another user's SD card by doing that? Im just stuck trying to find a way to use this to dump my game card and convert it to nsp afterwards

protivakid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off I'm using fat32. I understand this can split files but I don't want that as I'm trying to convert my xci files into nsp. So I need them whole. So slightly off topic but can I backup my entire SD card, then format it to exfat, and copy everything back on there or will my switch treat it as another user's SD card by doing that? Im just stuck trying to find a way to use this to dump my game card and convert it to nsp afterwards

I'd try but instead of formatting the first, copy the files to a second microsd card as exFat and see if the switch thinks it's a new card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto