Homebrew RELEASE NX-Update-Checker

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use his list, please allow a fallback. In part, at least, because I believe the titledb stuff disappeared from his Github at one point a while ago.

You are correct, It has gone down periodically as the result of abuse from people in the scene, such as harassment from transgender people REEEE'ing that I have a different political opinion than them.

I do not need to publish any of the data online (I already have the data, and much more privately), I publish it for projects such as yours who need the data. The data should remain up, assuming more triggered transgender people don't launch attacks against my github that ultimately hurts the scene a lot more than me. Github is a SJW company, it is not a safe free speech platform.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Gotcha, in that case I'll make it compatible with both and make a note when working with the Reswitched jsons that it doesn't show DLC updates, while the titldb versions.txt can.

Eh, that is still not ideal because then you are messing with tons of diferent json's. At any point in time you do have my versions.txt, there is zero need to go further back in the past.

So ideally you would want to check the modified time on the versions.txt, and only apply / use hac_version_list.json if its newer than the versions.txt. So even if I stopped publishing versions.txt today, you could still use it and apply hac_version_list patches on top, or just do it yourself manually and host an update versions.txt on your own website.

Reactions: 8BitWonder

czerwinski76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ReSwitched Discord Server
https://discord.gg/ZdqEhed

"When you have finished reading all of the rules, send a message in this channel that includes the SHA224 hex digest of your discord "name#discriminator", and bot will automatically grant you access to the other channels. You can find your "name#discriminator" (your username followed by a ‘#’ and four numbers) under the discord channel list."

Tuto :

Get your name#number with a right clic on your pseudo.
Hash it in SHA224 with this website for example https://md5hashing.net/hash/sha224
Copy the text and send it to the bot in #newcomers channel
Then you can access #versionlist-updates .

Last edited by czerwinski76,

falcorr

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here's something for Windows that'll retrieve the versionlist from the Discord channel. I butchered this.

Filling out config.toml:
  • open the Reswitched Discord in a browser
  • read the rules to enter
  • open the versionlist-updates channel
  • enable the browser's developer mode (F12)
  • go to the Application tab > Storage > Local Storage --- you'll find the token here
  • go to Cookies --- you'll find user_cookie here as __cfruid
  • right-click on your own name in Discord and Copy ID for your user_id
You'll also find the list here, updating about once a day. You could grab updates from it, OP.

While I'm here, a suggestion! It'd be great to have the 'brew run as a sys-module that runs automatically in the background periodically.

Attachments

• get_versionlist.rar
    3.3 MB · Views: 184
Last edited by falcorr,
Reactions: Treskatae

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has come to my attention that kind folks over at Reswitched's Discord Server didn't like that this application was pointing there, and didn't figure to ask me to change it.
Having found out about this today and not wanting to create any friction over there, here is a new v1.3.0 release pointing to and using the titledb's versionlist instead:
  • Reswitched versionlist.json format has been deprecated and will no longer function with this application
  • Users must now download the latest versions.txt from the titledb Repository and place it within the same directory as the nro
  • Having switched to titledb, this application can now additionally parse available updates for installed DLC

I've updated the thumbnails in this thread to reflect the changes made.

Download

Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: Tyvar1 and Rahkeesh

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally I wouldn't bring much attention to a small change but this new v1.3.1 release fixes a particularly stupid edge-case and a rare inf-loop that I overlooked.
  • Fixes an edge-case where an update's version might overwrite a DLC's version while constructing the local-list
  • Fixes an infinite loop that would occur when an update was found after the base-game and the base-game was not immediately parsed before the update

Download

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't tried it yet but it already sounds like a Godsend app and exactly what I was looking for...keep up the great work!

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's yet another release; v1.4.0, which brings some much needed QoL improvements, this time from the talented aedalzotto!
  • The application will now first attempt to grab the latest versions.txt over the internet, then fallback to any versions.txt that may already be within the nro's directory should connection fail
  • The versions.txt parsing code has been dramatically improved, now taking seconds to completely parse instead of minutes

Download

aarstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, thanks for the very useful app. Just a potential bug to report -- I updated your app to the latest version (1.4.0) along with atmosphere (0.13.0), and it crashed the switch after printing out the names of missing updates. The text file in the root of the sd card was empty as well. I downgraded to the previous version of your app that I was using before (1.2.0), still on the latest atmosphere, and it worked as intended.

Oracleofire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the same thing happens to me, although I believe it has happened even on 1.2.0 for me. It crashes upon pressing + to exit. In applet mode, it will crash the entire system, otherwise it will crash to the home menu. Viewing the available updates file with a text viewer will also crash the app/system.

Bazzabw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
like above my switch crashes running every version of this app. What am I doing wrong ? Latest hekate atmosphere cfw and running 10.0.4. Nro file is in switch folder as well as the downloaded text file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho