Hacking NUS "special" access

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently, you can download eShop titles before they even go live. How is that possible ? 3DNUS can't download eShop titles, so i'm wondering how you can do that..
We most likely won't know for a while...Something like that is too amazing for someone to release...Right away that is. Nintendo would be READY to patch that if they knew. Which they probably do now considering that he tagged them

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if he had to pay for it xD
Nah. He should prepare to pay for his lawyer instead.

Joking aside, why Nintendo put unreleased titles onto their server way before release date while they should have already known, people wrote batch, programs all these time to download titles from their servers for a long time. I meant people who actually buy their games but want to write a batch to download overnight, so they don't have to manually download each titles on Eshop.

Last edited by tivu100,

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I mean it's also likely he got a CIA file of the game off that ISO site, the full game has been uploaded there with the ability to boot up with your system language as the default language.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For doing what? Lots of people pirate games =/
And he disclosed it to them without actually releasing how he did it
For telling Nintendo he did it and installed it on his system using "special NUS access". If it's a normal glitch on Eshop then, it's understandably an innocent report. This case...

Last edited by tivu100,

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not unheard of to see a game sold a little early. There doesnt seem to be any concrete proof that he got that from the eShop. He might just have a .cia which was available a little before the actual release, or he might just have the game itself

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not unheard of to see a game sold a little early. There doesnt seem to be any concrete proof that he got that from the eShop. He might just have a .cia which was available a little before the actual release, or he might just have the game itself
Understood. Just that what he said is like playing with fire: the special NUS access thingy! You don't boast about this shit. Even if turn out to be a joke, it's a very bad one.

Aternel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Understood. Just that what he said is like playing with fire: the special NUS access thingy! You don't boast about this shit. Even if turn out to be a joke, it's a very bad one.
I think he's not joking, see his other tweets.

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Has anyone ever heard of this guy before? I mean, does he have any credibility? On one hand he could be telling the truth and is trying to give Nintendo a heads up like a good person, or he could be trying to brag by stretching the truth and making stupid statements

Aternel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone ever heard of this guy before? I mean, does he have any credibility? On one hand he could be telling the truth and is trying to give Nintendo a heads up like a good person, or he could be trying to brag by stretching the truth and making stupid statements
of course. he's the one who uncovered Twilight Princess HD from NUS. He's also working on the FE:Fates translation, and he's the one who tricked everyone with the "Twilight Princess 3D" thing on streetpass last year.

Reactions: Zidapi

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course. he's the one who uncovered Twilight Princess HD from NUS. He's also working on the FE:Fates translation, and he's the one who tricked everyone with the "Twilight Princess 3D" thing on streetpass last year.

I believe you, I didnt know. I guess Im familiar with his work but I never placed the name. In that case, Nintendo's probably already aware of him in some form

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.