esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I recently soft-modded my Wii, but I am having difficulty finding compatible games. I am running an English Wii, does that mean all games I use have to be USA/NTSC or can I use PAL games as well? There seems to be a lot more PAL games... or easier to find rather.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can use PAL games as well as NTSC-J games on your NTSC-U Wii. Loaders will load backups regardless of region (you may need to force NTSC video mode to prevent picture problems), and if you have Preloader installed you can even allow for region-free playing of imported retail discs.

esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get the New Mario Bros game to work right now and it is a PAL version. How do I change the settings to work? Right now, when I start the game, it appears to load correctly, but the screen is scrolling up and shaky, like there's something wrong with the graphics. Do I need to change some region/config options? Do I have to be running a certain IOS or whatever? I'm still all new to this. But the Super Paper Mario seems to work just fine, but it is already a NTSC version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ