NTSC/PAL??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by esoterica, Nov 11, 2009.

1. esoterica
    OP

esoterica GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2008
    United States
    Atlanta
    I recently soft-modded my Wii, but I am having difficulty finding compatible games. I am running an English Wii, does that mean all games I use have to be USA/NTSC or can I use PAL games as well? There seems to be a lot more PAL games... or easier to find rather.

2. Szalkow

Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

Jul 9, 2009
    United States
    Uni
    You can use PAL games as well as NTSC-J games on your NTSC-U Wii. Loaders will load backups regardless of region (you may need to force NTSC video mode to prevent picture problems), and if you have Preloader installed you can even allow for region-free playing of imported retail discs.

3. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

Apr 10, 2009
    United States
  4. hvsep

hvsep GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    You can, you just have to force NTSC on every PAL game you want.

5. esoterica
    OP

esoterica GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2008
    United States
    Atlanta
    I'm trying to get the New Mario Bros game to work right now and it is a PAL version. How do I change the settings to work? Right now, when I start the game, it appears to load correctly, but the screen is scrolling up and shaky, like there's something wrong with the graphics. Do I need to change some region/config options? Do I have to be running a certain IOS or whatever? I'm still all new to this. But the Super Paper Mario seems to work just fine, but it is already a NTSC version.

6. dai-a

dai-a GBAtemp Fan

May 16, 2009
    United States
    Springville Utah
    For language put it as console default
    and Force video to NTSC/Wii