Gaming NTSC game saves with PAL disc?

1cowabunga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so if I load a PAL game will it read my game saves from an NTSC game (same game title)? They are the same game but only the video rendering is different - right? Just something I was wondering about.

doped505069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no not at all you can covert them in region its possible you will have to search the forum i would know but never needed to do it.

A

auroreon

Won't work I'm afraid.
However you can convert the saves and the conversion process should be very simple.
Me and a friend share save data for a few of the games we play which is fine for most games, but I happen to have an NTSC copy of Brawl whereas he has PAL.
So I was forced to find a way to convert the saves back and forth. I found a program that someone made to convert NTSC Brawl saves to PAL but I had to find out how to convert from PAL back to NTSC manually. I found that all I had to do was edit a couple of things in the save in a hex editor, and brawl is a game with a larger save file so I can only imagine it being easier for other games. I'm sure the process does vary from game to game but I can tell you how I convert Brawl saves if you want.

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
some do work, some don't

however since you are from the US why would you play a PAL version if you have the NTSC save so probably the NTSC game ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy